User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default More European extradition insanity

BBC News - Abu Hamza US extradition halted

I cordially invite the judges at the ECHR to go fuck themselves.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Oh that's great! :rolli: Fuck me sideways til' Christmas!

I cordially invite the judges at the ECHR to go fuck themselves.
    +1!!!

Those assholes should be shot, not tried.

What the hell are you supposed to do with people like that? Rehabilitate them?

Into what? Kindergarten teachers? Caregivers for the elderly? Stock brokers?

This is such bullshit. We should just guarantee their human rights and then let other inmates take care of the problem after they are incarcerated.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I dunno, they're probably worried we'd torture him or something like that...

Wait doesn't trying to extradite these people into the US show the big glaring hypocrisy with not moving terror suspects from Guantanamo into US prisons?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    I dunno, they're probably worried we'd torture him or something like that...
    The conditions of the proposed extradition precludes enemy combatant status, and concerns about torture are explicitly rejected as a reason for suspending the extradition; the ECHR judges have reservations about the length of prison sentences and solitary confinement.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

The conditions of the proposed extradition precludes enemy combatant status, and concerns about torture are explicitly rejected as a reason for suspending the extradition; the ECHR judges have reservations about the length of prison sentences and solitary confinement.
    Ahh, I see. I only skimmed the article so I didn't see what the reasoning was. That's what I get for skimming.

I can understand their dissent though, we do have a pretty fucked up prison system.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I seriously supported some of the amnesty international respect asylum seekers campaigns back in the ninties when they where in their hay day but I wouldnt now.

The problem is that most of the asylum seekers are on the run for the sort of agitation which SHOULD warrant punishment ANYWHERE but they run from draconian regimes to the more liberal ones, I'm sure that people will say that this has always been the case and the difference is that where once it was Marx crossing borders its now Islam.

I dont agree with that either because whatever his followers did afterwards he opposed much of the police state actions he fled from, I tend to see the islamic agitation to be a case of not attacking tyranny per se but attacking its use by their perceived opponents.

So the EU has a nest of vipers at its breast right now, its already passed from the sublime to the ridiculous with the UK judges trying to make the UK the gay asylum capital of the world too. I just dont know how anyone can honestly hold that the existence of oppression elsewhere automatically entitles people from elsewhere to residence.