User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 112

Thread: Do you smoke?

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default Do you smoke?

    We have passed laws to ban smoking inside public spaces and now outside public spaces.

    Yes, we can't smoke now at outdoor cafes.

    And it's interesting that it will not be policed by the Police but by ordinary citizens. We all seem to have agreed that smoking is no good for you.

    The only people who smoke now are teenage girls, the mentally ill, alcoholics, the drug addicted, and interestingly, petty criminals.

    Are you a teenage girl, mentally ill, alcoholic, drug addicted or a petty criminal and do you smoke?

  2. #2
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Way to stereotype. I'm convinced you're a troll by now.

    What is it you want to accomplish in this thread anyways?

  3. #3
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Way to stereotype. I'm convinced you're a troll by now.
    Stereotyping sounds bad but perhaps it is an accurate generalisation. Do you smoke?

    And after almost 6,000 posts I find when they don't like what I say, they call me a troll.

    It is just another ad hominem attack.

    And ad hominem attacks keep coming relentlessly. I don't know whether it is a failure of character, a failure of culture or a failure of MBTI.

  4. #4
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    You said the only people that smoke are teenagers, the mentally ill and citizens with less than decent character... So what are you trying to do if not antagonize the countless number of people that don't fit those profiles, but do smoke?

    There's no reason to attempt to make a victim of yourself.

  5. #5
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,778

    Default

    I'm just confused

  6. #6
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    You said the only people that smoke are teenagers, the mentally ill and citizens with less than decent character... So what are you trying to do if not antagonize the countless number of people that don't fit those profiles, but do smoke?

    There's no reason to attempt to make a victim of yourself.
    The fact is that very few people who don't fit these categories do smoke here.

    And there is no need to make a victim of myself, I am victimised by relentless ad hominem attacks.

    The only question is why are there so many ad hominem attacks, particularly as they are against the rules.

    And it is odd on an MBTI site devoted to mutual understanding that ad hominem attacks are normal.

    It's a very interesting question. Why?

  7. #7
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    obviously you need to travel more and meet more people... I've known a variety of people who have fallen into none of your categories and smoke

    I can't say that I'm shocked that you're so happy to generalize and be prejudiced against people though- which is kinna hypocritical when you think about it

    EDIT: THIS IS NOT AN AD HOMINEM ATTACK, it's merely an observation since the prejudiced and accusitory tone of your OP is kind of disgusting
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #8
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The fact is that very few people who don't fit these categories do smoke here.

    And there is no need to make a victim of myself, I am victimised by relentless ad hominem attacks.

    The only question is why are there so many ad hominem attacks, particularly as they are against the rules.

    And it is odd on an MBTI site devoted to mutual understanding that ad hominem attacks are normal.

    It's a very interesting question. Why?
    How do you know who does or doesn't smoke here, and furthermore how do you really know what kind of person anyone here is? Also, is "here" a good representation of "there"?

    You're usually pretty blatant in violating any notion of "mutual understanding"...

  9. #9
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Walk into a room full of average citizens that are smoking and declare that they all surely fit into a category of teenage girl, mentally ill, petty criminal or alcoholic. Good luck on reaching your desired "mutual understanding".

    People don't make ridiculous claims like that unless they're just being funny, or they're trolling.

    U trollin'?

  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    obviously you need to travel more and meet more people... I've known a variety of people who have fallen into none of your categories and smoke

    I can't say that I'm shocked that you're so happy to generalize and be prejudiced against people though- which is kinna hypocritical when you think about it

    EDIT: THIS IS NOT AN AD HOMINEM ATTACK, it's merely an observation since the prejudiced and accusitory tone of your OP is kind of disgusting
    C'mon, you have been outstanding in your ad hominem attacks on me.

    I've been thinking of awarding prizes.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you normally identify posts' authors?
    By Brendan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-22-2015, 05:18 PM
  2. do you think i can safely smoke weed?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 08:12 AM
  3. How do you phase out smoking marijuana from your life?
    By quamdel in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
  4. Do you smoke? Type Poll.
    By Into It in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 09:14 PM
  5. [NF] Do you care how others feel?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO