User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Do you smoke?

Default Do you smoke?

We have passed laws to ban smoking inside public spaces and now outside public spaces.

Yes, we can't smoke now at outdoor cafes.

And it's interesting that it will not be policed by the Police but by ordinary citizens. We all seem to have agreed that smoking is no good for you.

The only people who smoke now are teenage girls, the mentally ill, alcoholics, the drug addicted, and interestingly, petty criminals.

Are you a teenage girl, mentally ill, alcoholic, drug addicted or a petty criminal and do you smoke?

MBTI
    ISTx

Way to stereotype. I'm convinced you're a troll by now.

What is it you want to accomplish in this thread anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Way to stereotype. I'm convinced you're a troll by now.
    Stereotyping sounds bad but perhaps it is an accurate generalisation. Do you smoke?

And after almost 6,000 posts I find when they don't like what I say, they call me a troll.

It is just another ad hominem attack.

And ad hominem attacks keep coming relentlessly. I don't know whether it is a failure of character, a failure of culture or a failure of MBTI.

MBTI
    ISTx

You said the only people that smoke are teenagers, the mentally ill and citizens with less than decent character... So what are you trying to do if not antagonize the countless number of people that don't fit those profiles, but do smoke?

There's no reason to attempt to make a victim of yourself.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm just confused

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    You said the only people that smoke are teenagers, the mentally ill and citizens with less than decent character... So what are you trying to do if not antagonize the countless number of people that don't fit those profiles, but do smoke?

There's no reason to attempt to make a victim of yourself.
    The fact is that very few people who don't fit these categories do smoke here.

And there is no need to make a victim of myself, I am victimised by relentless ad hominem attacks.

The only question is why are there so many ad hominem attacks, particularly as they are against the rules.

And it is odd on an MBTI site devoted to mutual understanding that ad hominem attacks are normal.

It's a very interesting question. Why?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

obviously you need to travel more and meet more people... I've known a variety of people who have fallen into none of your categories and smoke

I can't say that I'm shocked that you're so happy to generalize and be prejudiced against people though- which is kinna hypocritical when you think about it

EDIT: THIS IS NOT AN AD HOMINEM ATTACK, it's merely an observation since the prejudiced and accusitory tone of your OP is kind of disgusting
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The fact is that very few people who don't fit these categories do smoke here.

And there is no need to make a victim of myself, I am victimised by relentless ad hominem attacks.

The only question is why are there so many ad hominem attacks, particularly as they are against the rules.

And it is odd on an MBTI site devoted to mutual understanding that ad hominem attacks are normal.

It's a very interesting question. Why?
    How do you know who does or doesn't smoke here, and furthermore how do you really know what kind of person anyone here is? Also, is "here" a good representation of "there"?

You're usually pretty blatant in violating any notion of "mutual understanding"...

MBTI
    ISTx

Walk into a room full of average citizens that are smoking and declare that they all surely fit into a category of teenage girl, mentally ill, petty criminal or alcoholic. Good luck on reaching your desired "mutual understanding".

People don't make ridiculous claims like that unless they're just being funny, or they're trolling.

U trollin'?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    obviously you need to travel more and meet more people... I've known a variety of people who have fallen into none of your categories and smoke

I can't say that I'm shocked that you're so happy to generalize and be prejudiced against people though- which is kinna hypocritical when you think about it

EDIT: THIS IS NOT AN AD HOMINEM ATTACK, it's merely an observation since the prejudiced and accusitory tone of your OP is kind of disgusting
    C'mon, you have been outstanding in your ad hominem attacks on me.

I've been thinking of awarding prizes.