User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Somehow I'm reminded of the Weekly World News... which is my favorite tabloid to stare at in horror while standing in the supermarket checkout line

so terrible that one HAS to giggle
    I looked at their front page in the link; it took me 0.2 seconds to work out that they were clearly a satirical publication, like The Onion, but not very witty. It took a little longer to work out that it has (some) pretensions to being a serious publication, and even has readers who think it is! News for the delusional everywhere! Elvis lives! The aliens brought him back! :eek:
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

don't forget batboy... he's a definite www staple

my favorite headlines involved Michael Jackson's nose falling off (back when he was alive and kicking), Fidel Castro launching a shark attack on the US and GW Bush having an affair with Dr Phil
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I really liked the weekly world news, was it a tabloid in the US? Tabloids in the UK appear a lot more like mainstream media sources by comparison, is the WWN finished now?

I dont know what the thread is about, I've got the originial poster on ignore :P

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

So I can say anything I like about Lark and/or his mama?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    So I can say anything I like about Lark and/or his mama?
    Only one way to find out...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I don't trust you not to quote.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I really liked the weekly world news, was it a tabloid in the US? Tabloids in the UK appear a lot more like mainstream media sources by comparison, is the WWN finished now?

I dont know what the thread is about, I've got the originial poster on ignore :P
    We need a "stupid post of the day" thread here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^He could have even used the "show post" button for the OP without removing me from his ignore list. But clearly Lark is a man of principle!

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I don't trust you not to quote.
    Who, me?

But you didn't even request me not to, so how would you know?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Tabloids in the UK appear a lot more like mainstream media sources by comparison
    "Tabloids" in the United States are generally understood to be full of completely made-up news for entertainment purposes alone; there are some exceptions (such as the National Enquirer, unless they have changed) that are more about sensationalist and misleading news and celebrity gossip, but even they are less mainstream than what I've seen of British papers labeled "tabloids".