User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 92

  1. #51
    Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    G'day Ice-Pick,

    I had the impression that Jihadi were Muslims.

    And although Dhimmi believe their Bible is inspired by God, all Muslims believe the Koran is the literal, spoken word of God that can't be altered by man.

    And that Allah commands them to jihad and martyrdom to establish Allah's unchangeable Law, called Sharia, to all peoples, Dhimmi and Infidels alike.

    And just as Jihadi are Muslims so Islam is totalitarian, just like Marxism.
    You are putting quite a twist on this Victor.

    All Jihadi might be Muslims but all Muslims are not Jihadi!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

    "Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

  2. #52
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    All Jihadi might be Muslims but all Muslims are not Jihadi!
    All Muslims are commanded to jihad and martyrdom. However some Muslims are more devout than others.

  3. #53
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    All Muslims are commanded to jihad and martyrdom. However some Muslims are more devout than others.
    What silliness Victor, you were really are bringing this discussion to new lows.

    "Jihad" just means "struggle". Nothing more.

    Though I like the fact that you on the one hand preach to Muslims that they must declare war on you or they are not true Muslims, and then on the other hand condemnd "Jihadists". Very...perverse.

    Likewise, you would have to show how your claim works in history - i.e. that Islam historically has been more "totalitarian" than Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, or any other religion

    Otherwise your argument is pure theology and of no consequence to reality.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  4. #54
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    "Jihad" just means "struggle". Nothing more.
    Sure, and Mein Kampf means my struggle, nothing more.

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure, and Mein Kampf means my struggle, nothing more.
    LOL

    I must say, that was a good one.

  6. #56
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure, Mein Kampf means struggle, nothing more.


    And Victor means "victorious one". This word has a latin root. Latin was the language of the Romans. The Romans established an Empire and subordinated an enslaved their subjects. This to them was to be the "victor". Therefore Victor wants to enslave us all.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  7. #57
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    LOL

    I must say, that was a good one.
    It was one of his best yet, I take my hat off. Victor should do stand-up.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  8. #58
    Senior Member eagleseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    And Victor means "victorious one". This word has a latin root. Latin was the language of the Romans. The Romans established an Empire and subordinated an enslaved their subjects. This to them was to be the "victor". Therefore Victor wants to enslave us all.
    Both you and Victor get gold stars for rhetoric!

    Victor gets a gold star for comparing Jihadis to Nazis, and you get a gold star for making Hirsi Ali racist.

  9. #59
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    I find it rather silly to believe that religion = race. While it may be an abnormally large % of a races' composition, it doesn't equate the two.

    Furthermore, there's pretty strong reasons WHY one can be grrr about a religion, more than a race. A race is a colour of skin, nothing more. A religion is a set of ideals and laws, which can blatantly contradict ones' own set of ideals and legal standing.

    In countries where their laws are defined by their religion, there's generally alot of hatred and violence. Why? Because religions generally have alot of hatred and violence built into them. They ARE racist by default as well, in most cases. Check like... the jews, their religion is racist at its' core, but generally the jews follow within the laws of their countries and don't really cause many problems so it's usually not a big deal. Christians USED to have countries dictated by their holy laws over manmade laws... these led to such wonderful things as the crusades; these days, despite that the USA *CLAIMS* to be one country under god, and has something like over 70% of the population as christian, the fact is that yeu can't stone a gay person to death legally, which is in the bible unfortunately.

    Muslims, when following the law of the states or canada or places like that, are as harmless as anyone else. There's no reason to hate someone for being respectful in their religious beliefs.

    However... alot of muslims in many third world countries are still stuck back in the age where their countrys' laws are dictated by their religious laws. In these countries women have no rights, and killing others is considered perfectly acceptable for being different. *THAT* is where yeur racism comes into play here - not that people hate muslims, but that countries which allow muslim law (or any other religious law really) to supersede man's laws, leads to hatred and death, as well as extremist values.

    A muslim on their own has no issues though, any more than a christian does. Except... because of this stupid retarded wanna be "ZOMG RACIST!" crying wolf that's been going on, and the hypersensitivity and classic overcorrection, people in western countries are now beginning to allow religious fanatics the 'right' to persecute, attack, injure, and kill in the name of their god, and justifying it as alright, otherwise yeu're a racist.

    This is whot leads to people fearing muslims... because they've been allowed, due to the colour of their skin or the name of their religion, to commit atrocities, and yeu're not allowed to say anything about it, which just generates a shadow culture which develops a hatred for them.

    I'm afraid I can't just go "Oh well I'll watch their tv and accept their culture, and I'll not be racist!". Their TV is propaganda, their culture is death and inequality. No I'm not going to support that, because it goes against everything I believe in. Those that practice their religion within the limits of society and common sense are fine; those that feel it's their god given right to kill everyone they don't agree with, however, are not to be tolerated, and really shouldn't be. I don't agree with them either, but I don't take a gun to them, which's the main difference here.

    Regardless, muslims in and of themselves are no worse than christians, or atheists, or anyone else. The problem isn't in the race or the religion at all, but in countries which allow their "holy" laws to have power, which were written thousands of years ago before we had gotten over the whole "eye for an eye" mentality of law enforcement. Applying those laws to common day practice is where yeur problems are, and if someone doesn't agree with killing a woman because she talked to someone without her husband's permission, then they're a racist bastard? No wonder people tend to get upset about muslims these days; because the muslims have been equated as one and the same with murderers, racists, sexists, and extremists, but are labeled as being untouchable.

    This has nothing to do with race or religion, but with laws and people being stupid.

    Yeu only seem to be seeing the surface problem, and not the root cause which makes it a problem in the first place. On the surface, yes, I suppose it looks vaguely like racism, but honestly, it's not. Dig a little deeper and yeu'll realize yeu're being rather ridiculous for claiming such.

  10. #60
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Very well said. I agree. A country strictly adhering to the laws of the Christian bible would be an awful sight, too.
    -end of thread-

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] The Many Faces of INFJ
    By Arclight in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 06:44 PM
  2. 100 Year Event: Transit of Venus Across the Face of the Sun
    By MacGuffin in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 01:49 AM
  3. [ENFJ] Are ENFJs infamous for dropping off the face of the planet?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 07:17 PM
  4. [NT] Face of the Hard
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 03:08 AM
  5. The True Face of "Beauty"
    By Totenkindly in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 04:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO