User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    So what do you think of the western WASP establishment, tcda? The white Anglo bourgeoisie? Collectively, is it hero or villain?
    The bourgeoisie is defined by property, not by ethnicity, Oberon.

You really should stop trying to be funny about Marxism when you keep getting the basics wrong!

anyway I have to say, it's impressive that you've replied many times and not once quoted the article in question.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    The bourgeoisie is defined by property, not by ethnicity, Oberon.
    ...which is completely in keeping with the premise that racism is no longer predicated on ethnicity either.

So... are you brave enough to answer the question or not?

MBTI
    INTP

Does criticizing Judaism make you anti-semitic? no.

Does arguing that the Jewish community is an exceptional threat to western civilization and therefore shpould be place dudner special scrutiny make you one? Yes.
    What if you are a Marxist who thinks that religious Zionism is a false consciousness that poses an exceptional threat to the welfare and security of Palestinian Arabs? If a majority of an identifiable population of Jews is shown (through survey research, for instance) to believe (through socialization) in the basic precepts behind such a false consciousness, would this hypothetical Marxist not then apply greater scrutiny to such a population group, relative to some other groups, for the purposes of effecting a change to this pattern? And would that constitute anti-semitism?

As a proud anti-Jihadist, I don't buy the argument of the article, but its always good to remind oneself that rational differentiation (particularly when combined with frustration) is often a gray area that can bleed into bigotry if one is not careful to avoid it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

What the original article is trying to do is to slap an already loaded term on a phenomenon that it does not describe.

Whether it is a bad or good phenomenon is besides the point. The difference between using the wrong word in English is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

The correct thing to do is to take a new term and make it loaded by your own blood, sweat, and tears, but to rhetoricians, that takes far too much effort.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

Does arguing that the Jewish community is an exceptional threat to western civilization and therefore shpould be place dudner special scrutiny make you one? Yes.
    So putting American Christian Fundamentalist WASPs on a terrorist-watch-list is racist? Better tell the US Department of Homeland Security.

US DHS: Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment, 7 Apr 2009

Who are the Christian militia 'Hutaree' and why was the FBI targeting them? - Yahoo! News

Victims of a racist government?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Focusing on culture and religion is a form of nationalism and xenophobia, not racism.

Also, my take on "the new fact of racism" is the popularity of the mentality in the U.S. that "whitey is evil."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    So putting American Christian Fundamentalist WASPs on a terrorist-watch-list is racist? Better tell the US Department of Homeland Security.

US DHS: Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment, 7 Apr 2009

Who are the Christian militia 'Hutaree' and why was the FBI targeting them? - Yahoo! News

Victims of a racist government?
    So how does this relate to the article posted?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    INTJ

So how does this relate to the article posted?
    The FBI is actively monitoring so-called Christian extremist groups in the US, as well as so-called Muslim extremist groups.

If, as you say, the West is racist for fearing and criticizing certain Muslim practices, then the US Government must also be racist for fearing and criticizing certain Christian practices.

Do you understand?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    What if you are a Marxist who thinks that religious Zionism is a false consciousness that poses an exceptional threat to the welfare and security of Palestinian Arabs? If a majority of an identifiable population of Jews is shown (through survey research, for instance) to believe (through socialization) in the basic precepts behind such a false consciousness, would this hypothetical Marxist not then apply greater scrutiny to such a population group, relative to some other groups, for the purposes of effecting a change to this pattern? And would that constitute anti-semitism?

As a proud anti-Jihadist, I don't buy the argument of the article, but its always good to remind oneself that rational differentiation (particularly when combined with frustration) is often a gray area that can bleed into bigotry if one is not careful to avoid it.
    Ah "false consciousness". you wouldn't just be throwing in a term you heard in order to sound knowledgeable about marxism, right?

I don't think Zionism (religious or otherwise, it makes little difference) presents some special threat to humanity. Clearly, it is a force of brutal oppression against the Palestinians, as apartheid was against black South Africans. And likewise it is part of a wider global system to which it is subordinate.

Just like if you can show concretely where people are daily being oppressed by "Islamism", then yes in that case, it is a serious force to be reckoned with.

however in "the west" no-one can show this, as it is not the case. muslims are a tiny minority with very marginal economic and social power.

In short - let's talk in terms of reality and not abstract logic (I know this is something you hate to do lowtech, but you should).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Any extreme cultish form of religion poses a threat. I don't think that non-whites and people from other countries should ever be unfairly stigmatized, but at the same time, I don't think they should get special leniency either just because they happen to be brown. That's kind of a form of reverse racism, a form of racism that I feel is happening a lot in the liberal West.