User Tag List

123 Last

An Avowed, Public Atheist

Would you vote for a President who is an avowed, public atheist like the Prime Minister of Australia (Oz), Julia Gillard just to your left?

Would you vote for a President who is an avowed, public atheist and a woman, just like Julia Gillard?

And would you vote for a President who is an avowed, public atheist, a women and who is living in sin with her partner, just like Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia?

Sure. Maybe not her specifically.. I don't know her platform, but... well, that's it. Platform gets my vote. Not lifestyle per se.

That said, if their lifestyle was so fanatical that it affected policy making in some extremely biased way, then I'd dismiss them (I would do the same for someone religious too).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yep, if I liked her politics and thought she was a rational, competent leader.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yep, if I liked her politics and thought she was a rational, competent leader.
    Good on you, Luv.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Would you vote for a President who is an avowed, public atheist like the Prime Minister of Australia (Oz), Julia Gillard just to your left?

Would you vote for a President who is an avowed, public atheist and a woman, just like Julia Gillard?

And would you vote for a President who is an avowed, public atheist, a women and who is living in sin with her partner, just like Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia?
    As an agnostic, these questions seem silly. I would not vote for her because I do not support the Labour party.

Would you vote for an Aboriginal representative?

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd vote for this person so long as their political views were in line with mine regarding things like (taxation, foreign policy, education, military, etc)... I personally couldn't care less about the religious affiliation or private personal life of any leader... It's the fact that people worry about these things that leads us to the cluster f$ck currently being experienced in American politics... we fight over stupid s#it like God, gay marriage, sodomy, divorce, the ten commandments being posted in government buildings, and abortion....

meanwhile pollution is out of control, Lobbyist need to be stopped and best and regulated at worst, the financial backbone of the USA is a joke, American kids are graduating from high school with alarming education deficits, our actual national deficit has reached such epic proportions we might as well just start printing monopoly money, we've got soldiers dying overseas in a pointless war, unemployment is sky rocketing, we've got for profit colleges (diploma mills) devaluing degrees from more traditional colleges and universities (as if most of those needed any help with that)...

Yeah I can think of about a thousand things I'd be more concerned with than the personal life and private beliefs of any future politician/government leader... I'd vote for a devil worshiping polygamist if they had a solid plan to fix things that actually affect me in my day to day life and limit the suffering of so many who really need the attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I could care less about a politician's religious views if he knows how to get the job done.

I'm a bit of a hippie, so I don't frankly care much for politics as it is, but a politicians religious views should have absolutely nothing to do with their eligibility for office. I figured that was just common sense.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

Smile The Australian Labor Party

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    As an agnostic, these questions seem silly. I would not vote for her because I do not support the Labour party.
    It's called the Labor Party, the Australian Labor Party (ALP), not the, "Labour party".

MBTI
    INTJ

It's called the Labor Party, the Australian Labor Party (ALP), not the, "Labour party".
    You are not as British as you would have us believe?

You still haven't answered...would you vote for an Aboriginal representative?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    I'd vote for a devil worshiping polygamist if they had a solid plan to fix things that actually affect me in my day to day life and limit the suffering of so many who really need the attention...
    Quite right.