User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I only have to look around to see it is put into practice here.

Yes, the greatest good for the greatest number and social justice are put into practice every day here.
    As I say, justice is usually just a work to describe one's own belief. For some may call capital punishment justice, may they not? And you need not bother to tell me anything about penal codes on your island, it's just ann example.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I only have to look around to see it is put into practice here.

Yes, the greatest good for the greatest number and social justice are put into practice every day here.
    What about those Aboriginals, Vic? Are they included in your Social Justice?

Australia's racial conflict exposed to wider audience - Times Online

---

Since we're talking about history and the Enlightenment, we had better review your White Australia Policy, which lasted until 1975.

List of massacres of Indigenous Australians

I wasn't aware that racial genocide was an Enlightenment principle.

---

I am not surprised that you blatantly ignored my two earlier questions regarding race, as this is still a taboo topic among respectable Australians, no?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    I wasn't aware that racial genocide was an Enlightenment principle.
    It basically was! The enlightenment really brought us the concept of racial superior in a scientific (or maybe I should say pseudo-scientific) sense.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It basically was! The enlightenment really brought us the concept of racial superior in a scientific (or maybe I should say pseudo-scientific) sense.
    The Enlightenment was anti-black?

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I have not read this thread, only pondered the OP.
    SO if this has been expressed already, my apologies.

I think it is actually a good thing if a PM or President is atheist.

I do not want someone with their finger on the button leaving it to "God"

I think the best leader would be a humanist and I would hope their responsibility would rest solely on their humanity.
    This.

And as a female atheist-agnostic who is a fan of living in sin, I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to vote for an avowed, public, female atheist, assuming of course that her views are in line with my own.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yes, yes, and yes.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I wouldn't vote for anybody who went out of his way to make a big deal of his personal beliefs. They're all annoying.

That said, tripleyes but I wouldn't give her a mercy vote just because of her situation or in the case that I identified with her particular minority groups or ideas.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

My Mum told me that back as a school girl in hamburg she had to write an essay about whether it was okay for a divorced man to be mayor. This was half a century ago and as long as I agree with a candidate´s politics they can have green skin and blue hair, live with 6 spouses of different genders plus a goat and worship the great pink bunny for all I care.
    It´s nice to finally have female heads of state or government , but being a woman is not enough. My country is governed by a woman I did not vote for because I do not agree with her politics.
    Just try and diss her for being a woman though (or make fun of her horrible hair cut and taste of cloths, stuff nobody critizes in male politicians) and I´ll jump to her defense no matter how much I dislike her politics!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Not much point in answering the literal question, but it is worth wondering what the entire voting public thinks about this question. How much could a thing like that change in a generation? If the last generation thought it would've changed by now, why hasn't it? If the "younger generation" is always progressive, why does it often take much longer than a generation to progress?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Not much point in answering the literal question, but it is worth wondering what the entire voting public thinks about this question. How much could a thing like that change in a generation? If the last generation thought it would've changed by now, why hasn't it? If the "younger generation" is always progressive, why does it often take much longer than a generation to progress?
    The power structures in place have a vested interest in keeping the status quo.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche