First 123

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    All we need now is a bagpipe rendition of Eric Clapton's "Cocaine" to complete this celebration.
    Well, you certainly kilt with that joke!
    Ewan McGregor and Brendan Gleeson can handle piping chores, I suppose.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NICE

The prevalence is due to the supply route. South America to Spain (via small west African countries). The charlie is shipped to Ireland then across to the west coast of Scotland. The drug is heavily cut and sold cheap. Because users become drink monsters - the cocaine metabolizes the alcohol quickly - it fits in quite nicely with the Jocks' baseline vice, which is getting hammered.

However, the incidence of cocaine use is much higher in London (with 8 million people) than Scotland (with less than 6 million) but because London is not a country the figure is diluted.

In short: ching - not to be sniffed at.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    The prevalence is due to the supply route.
    Does supply create demand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    NICE

Very good question. It works the other way: demand creates supply. But does it work the other way... Remember SpaceHoppers?

Jesting asside, in the case of certain drugs availability creates a demand. For example in Afghanistan one in 30 of the population are addicted to opiates (UN figures). That's one million heroin addicts who just happen to live at the starting point of the supply chain.

In the case of cocaine use in Scotland, I don't think there is anything particular about them that makes them "world champs". If anything their consumption is paltry in comparison to London; the survey seems flawed in picking out one region of the UK (Scotland) but ignoring another area (London) which as any fool knows is the Charlie capital of the UK. Last time I looked Scotland was still in the UK.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Morgan is Scottish? Thought she is French. *Shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Something about this is decidedly amusing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I am more French than Scottish.
    Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Would that be Frenchish then?
    Many people are probably not aware of the historical-cultural connection between the two nations (when Scotland was actually an independent entity) as Morgan undoubtably is. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1162440
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Many people are probably not aware of the historical-cultural connection between the two nations
    Don't be silly -- of course all of us have seen Braveheart!

*groan*

EDIT: ROFL, I just checked the link and there Gibson is in all his comic glory... yikes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Given, that particular comic book plays out in England...
    But the French and the people of the British Isles are really intertwined.

First off, both are Celtic nations. It's safe to say that we're all romanized by now.
    So the term Celtic will have to stick to a larger group of people, as it was the romanization-thing that made people not Celtic in the first place.
    Just my definition and opinion, though.
    This is where the French and Scottish relationship starts though. It's a bit of vague, though.
    Just wait, it becomes better.

Celts inhabit Europe. Romans go most places but Ireland and Scotland.
    Romano-British culture that is still sort of Celtic thrives and kicks ass for a while.
    Angles and Saxons invade. Germans basically. Much later, normans, a French-Viking mix, invades and makes the islands their own. Well, they tried at least.
    Normans claim the French throne, too, not just the English one. They fight a lot in France over this.
    Normans gets kicked out of France eventually and Scotland retains its independence until 1645 when the last real claimant to the Scottish throne (Bonnie Prince Charlie) got his ass royally kicked att Culloden moor.
    Then they made a bunch of songs and lots of people have been wanting to break free from England for a few centuries now.
    Let's see about that, though.

The alliance between France and Scotland lasted for centuries. Because of that it was called the "Auld Alliance".
    The terms was that if one of the countries got invaded by England, the other would invade English territory from the other direction.
    Plenty of strong ties, right there

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Aww. Did you learn everything you know about European history from Asterix and Obelix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.