User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

It's very bizarre what you say, Ent, because everyone at my school is taking German because we want to get back to our roots... or something.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Stol11 View Post
    Haphazard. I have no trouble speaking anything thank you, I am not composing an essay. This is a loosely typed response. I persume you were attacking my grammar, if not then I apologise and will inform you that no you don't need new grammar when speaking US English

As to the question on self-criticism, I agree with entropie. All this blind patriotism gives most Americans a sort of self censorship. They will not do anything anyone considers 'anti-American'. Being 'anti-British' as a phrase barely exists. The fact that Americans have to hoist flags everywhere and to salute and pledge allegiance in schools every day shows that they are not that open to criticism. If you tried that in the UK everyone would laugh or at least question why you were doing it.

I also want a more federal Europe, one of the few in England who does. I feel sorry for Germans who keep on getting labelled Nazis, especially when the German states have such a rich history. My own period involves heavy analysis of the Hanoverian Kings as well as a personal hero, Frederick the Great

Also don't get me started on secularisation, its the best thing Europe has embraced, rather than the hocus pocus that most Americans still believe in. That’s why creationism is still popular in some American states and is ignored here (being so utterly ridiculous and moronic you could not even contemplate it on the syllabus). Your welcome to your mad sects, All brands of Christianity be it Catholicism, Mormonism, Evangelicalism or Scientology are all as rubbish and illogical as one another. I'm so glad that religion is dying off here!
    Everything that comes out of you affirms my thoughts. Look what you do to what is supposed to be roast thread.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's very bizarre what you say, Ent, because everyone at my school is taking German because we want to get back to our roots... or something.
    what'cha mean by bizzare exactly ? The manhug or what I said about how things are for me ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    what'cha mean by bizzare exactly ? The manhug or what I said about how things are for me ?
    What you said earlier.

Go to Wisconsin, you'd be cool beans there.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What you said earlier.

Go to Wisconsin, you'd be cool beans there.
    it's nice to hear that, I have always been and still am very intrested in the american civilisation and upon getting to know you I made many friends with you and got to know a completly new perspective on life and on taking on things.

I admit before I joined here, I wasnt always free of prejudice against americans aswell, but then again I havent really known you. Europe can be thankful that it has you and everyone who says today every shit we got is from America is not only dumb cause he can choose if he wants that shit, but unthankful too, because we've learned a lot about living in peace together the last years in which America set an ideal for the world.

We have a world crisis now and all goes to hell, but what the fuck. Deal with it like a German if you want to be one, take it head on and face it as a challenge, we gonna do as a civilisation many more mistakes over the next years and we will have to learn a lot on the way.

But thats whats life is about, the constant betterment of yourself and that I have from StarTrek an american invention

I'll be back, gotta watch soccer now !!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

EU is too conventional and too conservative in my opinion.

Sniffles

German is also big here. In some towns I could seriously wear a Wehrmacht uniform and nobody would bother me.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Iceland, Latvia, Greece...I think he had a point, though probably not in the way he thought.
    YAY! Latvia ftw! Once I was asked what Latvia is famous for and anything I could actually say was ''financial crisis...''
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Can we criticize countries that are not in the EU? I could give them Norwegians an earful...

Sniffles

Sure knock yourself out.