User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    They say if you don't read for two days, it shows on your face..
    When you don't post on typologycentral for a day, does it also show on your face?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

More of a reflection as to the topics of my curiosity and interest, than what I am.

I'd hate for my books to be all that I represent, because this would imply I've never had an original thought, that I have never done my own thinking.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I read some very right-wing media (WND, Ann Coulter, FoxNation, Free Republic) and visit Stormfront sometimes.

I don't feel any more retarded.

But I agree about downgrading the Ayn Rand fans, I do that. Same with Ron Paul, but there are some cool fans of his.

Transubstantiate

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    When you don't post on typologycentral for a day, does it also show on your face?
    Quite so.

And if you don't commune, it shows in your eyes, for your eyes are the windows of your soul.

For if you don't commune, you don't transubstantiate.

We transubstantiate by turning our daily bread into our body - what appears to be a mundane task, but no matter how much thought we take, is impossible. Yet an everyday a miracle occurs. The miracle of transubstantiation.

And yet the miracle of turning mere print into thought and feeling remains unobserved and unnoticed.

And yet as you are reading now, the miracle of transubstantiation is in full flow.

Each poet knows just as you can turn bread into your body, the poet can turn words into your soul.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I am more likely to judge them if I notice that the bookshelves in public places in their homes have "serious literature" that would make them seem more intelligent while bookshelves in out of the way locations (or their nightstand) have more "fluffy lit" on them... then I just conclude that they are pretentious!

We have our Stephen King, Harry Potter, Terry Pratchett and others right out in public for all to see... who cares if someone thinks we're idiots, at least we read out books!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Eating, Reading and Transubstantiating

I transubstantiate by eating and reading.

And what I eat today, walks and talks tomorrow.

And what I read today, thinks and feels tomorrow.

For tomorrow belongs to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Well yeur preferances are part of who yeu are... and if yeu prefer writing of a certain genre or topic, it'll be kinda apparant.

Someone who has a bookshelf loaded with WW2 stuff, from historical accounts, war tales, mein kampf and so on, is probably a war buff XD

Someone who has piers anthony, robert asprin, douglas adams and terry pratchett on their wall, is almost required to have a good sense of humour.

Someone who has an autographed copy of the script to Twilight is probably in need of being beaten senseless with a tire iron.

See, it all makes perfect sense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't know too many people irl outside of my immediate family that really read that much.

We've got all kinds of stuff, but the serious stuff is all my husbands, unless you count classic lit as serious stuff. He is a really well read guy, but hasn't read a lot of classic lit. I read what classic lit that I like, which is still mostly fluffy. It's only classic because it's old.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I'd love to have VERY OBVIOUS fake bookcases with all the books one is supposed to have "read" to display some quality or another to entertain my guests.

No really, that'd be so funny : P

maybe it could really be a door to my liquor cabinet

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I'd love to have VERY OBVIOUS fake bookcases with all the books one is supposed to have "read" to display some quality or another to entertain my guests.

No really, that'd be so funny : P

maybe it could really be a door to my liquor cabinet
    Maybe it could be a revolving or removable cover system? like with a 10 x 10 sliding visual deception that in a flash changes what books it looks like you have read

Like when the grandparents are over you have the Reagan biographies. If you had a kid with a creeper bf you could have it show self help books (to drive him away). etc etc etc....