User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

And here is Chris Matthews also toeing the party line. This is ridiculous. "Ginning up a skirmish?" Really?

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEfVuqUNBjk]Chris Matthews: Bob Etheridge "Ambushed"[/YOUTUBE]
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    There are two concepts of criminal defense: justification and excuse. He is, as you say, not justified in his actions, and has appropriately apologized for it. However, given the circumstances, the behavior may be excused.

I'm not saying he should have done it, but I understand.
    Then you are a weirdo and I hope I never cross paths with you on the street. There is no excuse there.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Then you are a weirdo and I hope I never cross paths with you on the street. There is no excuse there.
    Politics doesn't attract normal people, if you haven't noticed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I hope he just burned his short-term political goals with that one.

Liberals should have enough faith in both their philosophy and their fellow liberals to be ready to torch their own black sheep as quickly as they torch conservatives. Doing anything less is counter-productive to engendering widespread respect and thus support for their most important causes. You'd think that would be a priority, but based on a number of liberals' behaviours, it apparently hasn't occurred to many.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

Liberals should have enough faith in both their philosophy and their fellow liberals to be ready to torch their own black sheep as quickly as they torch conservatives. Doing anything less is counter-productive to engendering widespread respect and thus support for their most important causes. You'd think that would be a priority, but based on a number of liberals' behaviours, it apparently hasn't occurred to many.
    I don't think that has much to do with being liberal or conservative (well, the MSNBC stuff does, but that is not the focal point). I think it's just another example of a politician so out of touch and corrupted by power to think he could get away with something like that. His speech did seem a little slurred, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out of his congressional race to enter rehab for booze/pills.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I don't think that has much to do with being liberal or conservative (well, the MSNBC stuff does, but that is not the focal point). I think it's just another example of a politician so out of touch and corrupted by power to think he could get away with something like that. His speech did seem a little slurred, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out of his congressional race to enter rehab for booze/pills.
    Oh, sorry--I meant it in context of the media portrayal of the situation. If he's clearly a black sheep, torch him, don't defend him or try to reframe it!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    GONE

The way he behaved was out of line and unbecoming a publicly elected official. He over-reacted. Instead of grabbing the student and asking "who are you?" repeatedly, he should have just walked away. Politicians should be use to reporters getting in their face and as they are public servants they should be ready to have the hoi polloi question them.

I think he acted the way he did because it was a just a "bunch of kids bugging him". From the edited video he way overreacted and stepped over the line.

It would be nice to see the full video though, you don't see anything that led up to him grabbing the students' arm.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    FREE

It was odd to say the least. Wouldn't have an influence on my vote, however. I don't think those actions say anything about the guy's ability to effectively legislate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

Are you suggesting that a party (or political group) should cut off a member for the sole purpose of avoiding the party from looking bad? In other words, that the party's image holds more importance than other factors.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Are you suggesting that a party (or political group) should cut off a member for the sole purpose of avoiding the party from looking bad? In other words, that the party's image holds more importance than other factors.
    Well, major political parties are in the business of getting elected, not of supporting their apparatchiks and fighting the good fight.