User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 112

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't have links on me, but I seem to recall that every attempt at a scientific analysis of the subject showed no correlation between illegal immigration from the south and an increase in violent crime.
    No correlation. What kind of brain damage causes a scientific analysis to find no correlation when 27 percent of the federal prison population are illegal immigrants?

    Granted a lot of American citizens are brain damaged and it would be highly desirable to deport them.

    The 32 mile stretch of I-95 around Richmond Virginia comes to mind.

    Those people are so freakn' stupid it's shocking that the state of Virginia actually issues drivers permits to people with an IQ less than 80 in mass.

  2. #12
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't have links on me, but I seem to recall that every attempt at a scientific analysis of the subject showed no correlation between illegal immigration from the south and an increase in violent crime.
    But there is a correlation between abortions and decreased murder rate. Perhaps this is what they're getting at?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #13
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    No correlation could possibly be found, given the general crime trend has been declining over the last 40 years in the US (probably due to tougher law enforcement). Nevertheless, independently Mexican mestizos are statistically about four times as criminal as whites in the US.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #14
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    No correlation. What kind of brain damage causes a scientific analysis to find no correlation when 27 percent of the federal prison population are illegal immigrants?
    I believe 27% of the federal prison population are not American citizens. That includes both illegals and legals.

    And state prisons have much lower percentages. You know why? Being an illegal immigrant is a federal offense that can get you temporarily put in federal prison.

    Of course the crime rate increases when illegals are around, because being an illegal alien is a crime. Violent crimes, however, do not increase. This information is also relevant to Aleksei's post.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #15
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Of course the crime rate increases when illegals are around, because being an illegal alien is a crime. Violent crimes, however, do not increase. This information is also relevant to Aleksei's post.
    Illegal immigrants wouldn't cause a crime increase, if their inflow does not change the ethnic composition of a given area (such as if the area is already majority Hispanic). They could easily cause a crime decrease as immigrant non-whites tend to be less criminal than naturalized non-whites.

    In any case you basically repeated yourself. Hispanics in the US (most of whom are mestizo and mulatto -- white Hispanics in the US are generally less criminal than white Americans) are statistically shown to be much more criminal than whites. I do not presume to know the reason for this phenomenon, but it's a reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    No correlation could possibly be found, given the general crime trend has been declining over the last 40 years in the US (probably due to tougher law enforcement). Nevertheless, independently Mexican mestizos are statistically about four times as criminal as whites in the US.
    When you say general crime, it would seem appropriate to define that?

    Being over the last forty years? Both violent and general property crimes have increased and decreased...along the spectrum.

    The highest violent crime rates are in border and immigration states.

    It's a topic I think would be interesting to explore. Similar to popular news stories from 2008 that claimed US soldiers are/were safer in Iraq than in the US? Were those stories BS or what?

    Just saying I'm interested in the topic, and the US government and the US press print an incredible amount of statistics that are BS to filter through.

  7. #17
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    How are you definining "much more criminal"?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #18
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    It is strange what some people consider violent. Someone from Ecuador told me that she thinks the US is terribly violent because violent crimes seem more random and more innocents seem to get hurt.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #19
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How are you definining "much more criminal"?
    The statistically recorded general crime rate of Hispanics in the US is several times higher than that of whites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I believe 27% of the federal prison population are not American citizens. That includes both illegals and legals.

    And state prisons have much lower percentages. You know why? Being an illegal immigrant is a federal offense that can get you temporarily put in federal prison.

    Of course the crime rate increases when illegals are around, because being an illegal alien is a crime. Violent crimes, however, do not increase. This information is also relevant to Aleksei's post.
    Yes there's a 2007 New York Times article that says pretty much the same thing you've just stated.

    Then there are tidbits such as this about: Illegal Immigrants Charged in DWI Cases Test Judicial System :: WRAL.com

Similar Threads

  1. Which is more useful in the real world?
    By yenom in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 03:31 PM
  2. [Other] Having fun in the construction area
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 07:06 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Look That Up In Your Strunk & White (The MBTIc Editing Project)
    By Ivy in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 11:04 PM
  4. there were more SJ in the past?
    By niki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:01 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO