User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Definitely ESTJ.
    "Here I am! Now what are your other two wishes?"

MBTI
    INTP

I might be going along with the crowd here but i'd also have to say ESTJ.

E = 60%
    S = 70%
    T = 100%
    J = 100%

Roughly, that's my opinion.
    Inno A Satana

I:11% Intuitive:88% Thinking:62% Perceiving: 67%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Naturally, America, being pluralistic, has subcultures that glorify pretty much every conceivable mindset, but if you're looking for Joe America's type, you can't pick a better example than Superman.

Superman was essentially designed to be the personification of the American mindset and spirit, a glorified everyman.

He's all about action and heart. I'd say ESFJ.

Meanwhile, Lex Luthor personifies everything Americans typically distrust: he's intelligent and... well, that's pretty much the main thing Americans distrust.

America is a country where it's perfectly socially acceptable to take pride in being ignorant, but taking pride in being knowledgeable makes you arrogant.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Meanwhile, Lex Luthor personifies everything Americans typically distrust: he's intelligent and... well, that's pretty much the main thing Americans distrust.

America is a country where it's perfectly socially acceptable to take pride in being ignorant, but taking pride in being knowledgeable makes you arrogant.
    I disagree. Lex Luther is the personification of what Americans prize most. Success and power! He represents the unconscious primitive driving forces that are felt by just about every American. In other words, Lex is the Id of the American psyche and thus Superman is the Superego. Perhaps it could be said that Lex represents intelligence that is not governed by compassion and empathy, and as a result, he does terrible things in his quest for more power and success. By contrast, Superman represents the innate goodness in all humanity. The duty falls to him to inhibit Lex from destroying the world in his selfish quest to dominate it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I disagree. Lex Luther is the personification of what Americans prize most. Success and power!
    I disagree that the average American prizes success and power above all else.

The film is meant to appeal to a wide audience. The corporate executive always realizes the error of his ways and repents by the end of the film. Friendship, family, etc. is the cure. Viewers' lifestyles are validated. They enjoy the film and tell their friends, family, etc. to go see it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I always have trouble defining ignorant, considering we all are in our own ways (and sometimes even proud of it).

And it seems you are implying that ignorance is related to type. Any type can be an ignorant buffoon.

I really don't think America is much more ignorant than the rest of the world, simply because people of every country become aware of the world through a government-influenced media that tells its people what it wants them to hear. They want its people to think Americans are fat, stupid slobs. And while that's true to a certain extent, the stereotypes the American media has about other cultures are also true to that same extent.

Pretty much every country is stereotyped with an SJ mindset, because each culture has its own traditions, which they follow just as avidly as the US.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And it seems you are implying that ignorance is related to type.
    I'm not implying that.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Are we talking about the foreign policy or domestic?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think the domestic policy is ESxP. An E__P for sure. There's LOADS of manipulation going on. As far as our policy on international affairs, we're undoubtedly ESTJ. Always attacking everyone else, verbally or otherwise for not doing what we think is right. It's not how we do it, so it must be wrong.
    we fukin won boys