User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What is America's MBTI type?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Overall Americans are far more religious than in other developed nations (in the UK the non religious make up more than 40% of the population, and in most of Western Europe atheism is the norm), as well as very concerned with traditions and social norms. Americans are, in fact, downright prudish, which is why for example standards for TV nudity and language are tighter in the US than Europe.
    I agree that this points at the US being an S over an N

Anyone remember the post about black NTs in the states? Or maybe it was black culture(it was in the NT forum...I thought)...(Vague, yes) Something came up about it being a very SJ culture, part of this being the religious nature and the following of social norms. I think the S stands, for now, but the N looks to be on its way in in America.

Edit: ^^^This may have been on INTPc

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    On the other hand, its quite possible that it is not the most ideal example of an ESFJ country and hence the possibility still exists. ESFJ is the most common type in the USA anyhow..
    But they don’t possess a great deal of political or corporate power in this country. That’s the thing. Since political management positions are populated by xxTJs, most countries are going to emote the characteristics of 1 of the 4. ISTJ for Germany, ESTJ for England, and ISTJ for Japan, for instance.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I think the type really has changed over time too.

1776-1790s = INTJ (Stong libertarian ideals, individualism, and desire to build something new that works)
    1860s = ESTP (north) vs. ENTJ (south)
    1920s = ENTP (roaring twenties, a time of great inovation and experiementation)
    1930s = INFP (great depression, a time of great sadness and idealization about the future)
    1940s = ISTJ (isolationist country stirred into a war machine)
    1950s = ESTJ (ruled by strong, conservative forces)
    1960s = ENFP (Love and peace baby)
    1970s = ENFJ (women's movement and recession)
    1980s = INTP (apathetic nation with focus on education)
    1990s = ENTP (roaring 90's and the Clinton fiasco)
    pre 9-11 GWB years = ESFJ
    post 9-11 = ESTJ
    Interesting, since Jefferson was definitely an INFJ. I wonder who balanced out his F aspect to make American culture INTJ back then.

Not sure about Japan being NF. It seems more ISFJ/ISTJ to me. Agree with NF for a lot of Europe though.

Any thoughts on Australia? ESTP?

Antarctica = INFP