User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Beat the Jew

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Anti-semitism is certainly not dead. I'm surprised anyone thought it was.

At my school anti-semitism (along with other kidns of racism) was rife, and thi was only a few years ago.

Likewise with the economic crisis these barbaric prejudices are increasing and will increase.

I disagree with your basic premises, especially the "exclusively jewish history" part, and I think you've skipped most of my post while speaking of things related very far from the original topic. Thus I don't feel the need to add anything to the discussion anymore.

So what is Jewish contribution to human civilization either than starting a religion?

I am not saying Jews deserve the hate but there are certainly reasons why they are hated. history just don't bother to write them down. you don't see jehovah's witnesses and gypsies being persecuted like jews.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    So what is Jewish contribution to human civilization either than starting a religion?

I am not saying Jews deserve the hate but there are certainly reasons why they are hated. history just don't bother to write them down. you don't see jehovah's witnesses and gypsies being persecuted like jews.
    The mere term "to be gyped" or "what a gyp" comes from gypsies, and jehovah's witnesses are persecuted quite alot.

People persecute anyone they perceive as different, regardless of race, religion, sexuality, or whotever. They will be asses about it. It's part of human nature to segregate things into ordered groups, and then rank those groups in importance, or try to rate from good to bad, justice to evil, and so on.

And of course it's all slanted so that the group yeu place yeurself in, is always at the top.

So yeah, the others are persecuted, they just haven't been in situations where it was as easy to persecute them as others who were more favourable targets at the time is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I disagree with your basic premises, especially the "exclusively jewish history" part, and I think you've skipped most of my post while speaking of things related very far from the original topic. Thus I don't feel the need to add anything to the discussion anymore.
    Alright, that's incredibly wordy, to the point of being obscure but I'm sure you have a point. If you want to clarify and carry on the discussion I'm around.

You can be serious man you dont go blaming the victim like that.

Judahism (spelling) being both an ethnicity and a faith, and preserving the link between the two, through history and their diasporia has always managed to remain a "people apart", its a kind highly refined identity politics.

Its pretty much peerless, in some ways its been channelled into Zionism but I think is wrong to see that as its crowning achievement or end result, the distinctiveness and identity remains among many who dont identify with a homeland or its state power, for instance Chomsky in the US. I used to think that the Aryanism of the Nazis was a kind of perverse mirror opposite of Zionism but I'm not so sure anymore.

The thing is that that being highly resistant to assimilation and not really assimilating others or being open in that manner means that sometimes you're in a more or less favourable status group, you're highly visible too, easily identifiable. So you can become a victim of ostrichism, persecution etc. simply because you are, not necessarily because of anything you did and I'm not inclined to believe no smoke without fire theories.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Overall it doesn't sound all too different from hazing rituals used in different fraternities and such... like dropping the pledges off in a remote area with a map, a compass, a flashlight and some supplies and telling them to find their own way back... at night...

I just think that the names that they gave the roles in it were completely tasteless, but high schoolers are dumb and don't have much of a sense of history usually. :rolli:

In other words, I think that some of you guys are reading too much into this
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Based on the quotes alone, it was a reasonable decision to put cloud on my ignore list.
    Nvm, carry on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Jewish Nobel Prize Winners

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ or here

which takes in TWO of my ethnic groups... I rock!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett