User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Beat the Jew

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    I have to wonder wtf is inherently wrong with certain people.. my faith in humanity continues to decline at an alarming rate.
    Mine only gets better and better as the years go by. Just look at the scorn this story generated in this thread alone. Imagine the collective disdain humanity as a whole must feel.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

It sounds pretty educational to me. Add a bit of a history lesson in with the usual hazing ritual.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Yea, this happens in high school a lot, along with the 'faggots', the 'nerds', the 'Asians'. It's pretty disgusting...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Tasteless but is it anti-semitic?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Right, that's bad. It should be done with every religion, this way people will stop believing in BS
    I'm not sure you understand the meaning of ethnical and cultural minority.
    But hey, thanks for the contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Tasteless but is it anti-semitic?
    The act itself is not, but does it even matter?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I'm not sure you understand the meaning of ethnical and cultural minority.
    But hey, thanks for the contribution.

The act itself is not, but does it even matter?
    Yeah it does, I mean if they'd called it Pharoahs or Aztes they'd have been fine, the implication is that they choose this because it was an anti-semitic exercise, they felt as the Nazis did, its even the conclusion reached by the originial poster when what I'm seeing is just reference to a historical event.

Is this another one of those things that cant be talked about? European history has to be shut upon and shut down unless its an exercise in shaming people following your latest blunder in international waters?

Yeah it does, I mean if they'd called it Pharoahs or Aztes they'd have been fine, the implication is that they choose this because it was an anti-semitic exercise, they felt as the Nazis did, its even the conclusion reached by the originial poster when what I'm seeing is just reference to a historical event.
    You don't seriously think that the choice of this particular historical event doesn't have a greater chance of implicating anti-semitism than "anti-aztecism" in case of performing a play of ritual sacrifice, right?

It would be a very naive thing to do so.

Is this another one of those things that cant be talked about?
    This is another one of those things that show humanity's eagerness to sweep unpleasant memories under the carpet.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You don't seriously think that the choice of this particular historical event doesn't have a greater chance of implicating anti-semitism than "anti-aztecism" in case of performing a play of ritual sacrifice, right?

It would be a very naive thing to do so.

This is another one of those things that show humanity's eagerness to sweep unpleasant memories under the carpet.
    Yeah, I dont see any of the things you're suggesting from either this event or my posts, I see kids at some college who played a dumb game of fugitive and picked the wrong episode from history, I dont see any tacit approval or minimisation of anti-semitism.

I very much doubt that humanity is going to sweep anything under the carpet but how long until we can discuss Nazi Germany like the French Revolutionary terror or Gulags or anything else?

I dont see any tacit approval or minimisation of anti-semitism.
    Neither do I, since we do not know enough about the case to make such categorical statements.
    But it is pretty safe to assume that the choice of this particular historical event is not casual. As you've implied, they could've chosen thousands of other tragic or controversial events of human history, but they chose "beat the jew" instead.

This means there is a significantly higher chance of a close relation to anti-semitism in this particular group, and further investigation of their backgrounds is necessary.

I don't care about what the media picks up, this is not a priority for me in this case. It is more important to determine whether or not this is more than "child's play".

I very much doubt that humanity is going to sweep anything under the carpet
    Holocaust denial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's around 20 pages in written format, please start reading.
    Or come and visit us in Eastern Europe.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Neither do I, since we do not know enough about the case to make such categorical statements.
    But it is pretty safe to assume that the choice of this particular historical event is not casual. As you've implied, they could've chosen thousands of other tragic or controversial events of human history, but they chose "beat the jew" instead.

This means there is a significantly higher chance of a close relation to anti-semitism in this particular group, and further investigation of their backgrounds is necessary.

I don't care about what the media picks up, this is not a priority for me in this case. It is more important to determine whether or not this is more than "child's play".

Holocaust denial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's around 20 pages in written format, please start reading.
    Or come and visit us in Eastern Europe.
    I dont think its anti-semitic at all, or if it is then its as anti-semitic as Family Guy and its repeated gags about Nazis and the holocaust, the reality is that this was an insensitive game played with what is a pop cultural reference now.

Perhaps the groups campaigning to keep the lynching of african american slaves have been less successful than groups like the anti-defamation league in keeping historical persecution in the popular memory, otherwise it would have been "beat the slave".

This will no doubt meet with shock and horror but I'm not worried about holocaust denial, even if the holocaust didnt happen, and I dont personally doubt that it did and most of the arguments made by deniers are about logistics, scale, technicalities, not intent, there was a persecution of European Jews and enough else besides about Nazism which was evil.

I do have a problem with Nazism and the second world war becoming exclusively Jewish history and something the rest of us should be tight lipped about and ashamed off, there where A LOT of targets for the Nazis besides Jews and they where all marched into the gas chambers.