User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Illegal Immigrants March

Yo this shit is going on right now (I'm in Chicago). They walking right past my jobs. It's gotta be tens of thousands of people out there. And get this, the police is organizing the march; they're keeping it orderly. Ain't that a bitch. They need to pack all of them up and send them back to Mexico but that's too much like right though.

MBTI
    type
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

We should nail the balls of American businesses that exploit foreign workers to the wall.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    type

Also an exploitation of lower-paid US citizens as well.

Edit:
    And local government services, and DHS, and .....

Edit:
    I feel a rant coming on.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Also an exploitation of lower-paid US citizens as well.
    Amen!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am certain that if there wasn't a strong pro-business lobby preventing it, we would have a fence up already.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    type

I heard a CIS agent complain about the resistance the agency encountered at the local level from businesses.

My mother immigrated here and had to deal with the mess. My mother-in-law immigrated here and had to do the same. I have definite opinions on this topic--including the fact that the media seems to conveniently drop the "illegal" part off of "illegal immigrant" discussions.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I am certain that if there wasn't a strong pro-business lobby preventing it, we would have a fence up already.
    They are the government. They work together. Our government isn't stupid and they aren't an uninterested bystander either. They benefit just as the business interests do.
    I live the life daily; I die the death nightly

MBTI
    type

On the local government level, there is a real risk to public health. Many in the illegal community are terrified of deportation if they need medical assistance--therefore they avoid dealing with medical professionals. It would be easy for a controllable disease to become a pandemic.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by FranG View Post
    They are the government. They work together. Our government isn't stupid and they aren't an uninterested bystander either. They benefit just as the business interests do.
    Big business owns the government, so in most cases, their interests are one and the same. Big business wants low wages, so despite the security and other problems, we don't stop illegal immigration. If we were just being generous, we'd make it easier to immigrate legally and to gain citizenship. As it is, businesses have non-citizens to exploit, which allows them to also pay citizens lower wages, and the taxpayers take up the slack through public assistance programs because not only are the workers, both citizens and non-citizens, paid too little to survive on, they are either not offered health insurance or cannot afford it when it is available.

Are we saying the same thing?
    ~ John Rogers