No. All civilizations fall eventually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    No. All civilizations fall eventually.
    This. Nothing lasts for ever. Though I think we'll be able to put off collapse for quite a while, it will fall. We might have Wall Street and Silicon Valley, but the number of those at mercy of these massive entities is growing and will continue to grow until the tipping point has been reached. If history is any indicator, the masses of "have-nots" will tear the few "haves" down from all sides, it's only a matter of time, when a very small number of people control everything and everyone else becomes fed up with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Change is very exciting! We could rename the Statue of Liberty "Word to Your Mother" Put some "bling" around it's neck and lower the torch to light the eternal "super blunt."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Change is very exciting! We could rename the Statue of Liberty "Word to Your Mother" Put some "bling" around it's neck and lower the torch to light the eternal "super blunt."
    I second this motion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    ^^ that made me cry and laugh at the same time. Hope she passes it this way.

INFP 4w5 sp/so
    IEI

"At government, you think you're clever: You govern beasts — but humans
    never." - Estienne de La Boetie

MBTI
    INFP

Statue of Liberty will emigrate from the US, back to France :p

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by stringstheory View Post
    This. Nothing lasts for ever. Though I think we'll be able to put off collapse for quite a while, it will fall. We might have Wall Street and Silicon Valley, but the number of those at mercy of these massive entities is growing and will continue to grow until the tipping point has been reached. If history is any indicator, the masses of "have-nots" will tear the few "haves" down from all sides, it's only a matter of time, when a very small number of people control everything and everyone else becomes fed up with it.
    We already were at that point in a much worse situation at the turn of the 20th century. Remember Standard Oil and Teddy Roosevelt's trust busters?

See, here's the thing, in a capitalistic society, lots of people can make a lot of things happen with enough hard work, ingenuity, and luck. And that's something that elected officials won't ever get done for you. As for a massive proletariat uprising, guess what?

There are a lot of people out there who are too intelligent to do something so stupid. The people uprising would be the stupid. Basically, you can pretty easily divide America into the states that make the country what it is (West Coast, Great Lakes, Northeast), and the rest being a bunch of less educated semi-tea-partier kind of population that only know how to say no and don't know how to do much of anything.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INFP

You're quite biased against teapartiers aren't ya? :p

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    We already were at that point in a much worse situation at the turn of the 20th century. Remember Standard Oil and Teddy Roosevelt's trust busters?
    I do...well, learning about it, obviously i wasn't there :P but i don't see how that's any proof that things are better now (or even if that means things will improve and everything will be fine) so if you could elaborate that'd be great.

See, here's the thing, in a capitalistic society, lots of people can make a lot of things happen with enough hard work, ingenuity, and luck. And that's something that elected officials won't ever get done for you.
    I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Of course that's how it works, especially if you start out already having privilege and capital to expand. And if it continues the way it's going there will be fewer and fewer with more and more the capital, just as intended. They will continue to make things that will for the most part benefit them and theirs and by whipping out their pocket books continue keeping elected officials from ever getting anything done. The rich are getting richer, and i'd love to see what they've been "getting done" that helps anyone except themselves.

As for a massive proletariat uprising, guess what?

There are a lot of people out there who are too intelligent to do something so stupid. The people uprising would be the stupid. Basically, you can pretty easily divide America into the states that make the country what it is (West Coast, Great Lakes, Northeast), and the rest being a bunch of less educated semi-tea-partier kind of population that only know how to say no and don't know how to do much of anything.
    Of course it would be the stupid now, but you think it will somehow get better within the next 25-75 years? If people are already beginning to get restless (like the tea-party movement, which i find highly amusing), I'm inclined to think you can't stop that kind of momentum. Hell the Republican Party has basically fed the Tea Party up until now, and now they've created a monster, it'll be interesting to see what kind of influence they have come 2012.

The divide between the rich and the poor continues to grow, and with the way that education is going, soon enough you're going to have a mass of people who, "stupid" or not, are fed up living in squalor while it's business as usual for successful capitalists. America isn't special, if every other other empire that's ever existed has fallen then it will too. Who knows if it will be due to a proletariat uprising, that's just my opinion as to what could happen in the future if things continue the way they do, but it will fall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram