User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Antisocial is from Croatia, I think.
    Ironic, considering my Croat blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Basicly I am for a region that you consider fearful. However I am pretty sure that we worry less about things than people in the US do.
    That is because the Croats have spent their time making others fearful!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    We have made others fearful as well.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

We have made others fearful as well.
    My humor is lost, it seems...

MBTI
    ENFJ

My humor is lost, it seems...
    I apologize. It's past midnight and it's a zillion degrees. I'm surprised I'm not hallucinating yet, I can't be trusted with humor right now.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    Look at the "tea party movement" for example. Their ideals are completely inconsistent with the past behaviors of the party they support
    You get an "F" in paying attention.

The tea party movement is a nonpartisan phenomenon consisting mostly of registered Republicans (with a large minority of Democrats, independents, Libertarians, Greens, etc.) which came into being because both parties were and are engaging in massive, unsustainable deficit spending. While the tea party movement does generally back candidates who are Republicans, it only backs candidates who pledge that they will engage in "surplus spending" (revenues > expenditures). And they have had a limited impact; witness, for example, the triumph of interloper Rand "ISTP" Paul over the "chosen" or "anointed" GOP candidate Trey Grayson in Kentucky, much to the dismay of The Evil ISTJ Mitch "The Bitch" McConnell:
    YouTube - Rand Paul Wins Kentucky Primary For U.S. Senate! Full Victory Speech

Obviously, with the current congress, The Obamination in the WH & Bernanke at the helm of the Fed, there is reason to be afraid, very afraid, as an inflationary depression looms on the horizon...nevertheless, the words of this suspected INTJ come to mind and are more true now than they were then:

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    H. L. Mencken

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

'cause people don't save enough money (okay - I can't prove the direction of causation - just the first thing that popped in my mind).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I dont want to insult anyone but I simply have to ask something.

Seriously why American culture has so many emo elements in itself ?
    I mean I am constantly getting this vibe from many of the posters from US (and US media). Like constant fears over economy, civil rights, something will happen to my kids, I am not pretty or succesful or smart ...... etc.

Seriously why so many fears ?

Also there is this constant fear that some one will defeat you on some sneaky or brutal way. I mean you talk so much about bleeding, suffering, sacrifice, being fragile etc as a nation. Actually one of the reasons why I stoped watching movies is because I could not handle how emotional most of them are. Many of the TV shows are showing pretty much the same thing as well, as all those crime reconstruction series.

I don't know but to me it looks that it isn't that hard to scare you as group.
    (what isn't good obviously)

Or am I simply seeing something that isn't there ?

No, you're right, you're completely right. I think it has something to do with American television putting the idea into people's heads that hideous disaster and failure is lurking around every corner and the only way to combat the former is to watch the news 24 hours a day and the latter is to buy various products. Fear sells.

I guess our culture is pretty histrionic in general, because of our emphasis on movies, television, and day to day theatrics.

Also, something I've personally noticed as someone who happened know a long list of people who died when I was very young, that many Americans haven't been exposed to death at all and are totally shattered if their 85 year old grandpa dies when they are like 26...not that they shouldn't be sad, but I'm just like...are you serious? Is this the first time you've ever dealt with death? But it's pretty common here for people to be sheltered from death as well, despite all of the violence on television.

Of course, I am a bad person to speak on the subject of emo, seeing as am NF and feel everything quite deeply and have been known to behave quite histrionically myself.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I think more people are afraid of the US than little Croatia. Ask anyone in South America, the Middle East or Central Asia.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Yes, eastern Europeans are pretty badass in this respect.

Though I think you must remember that the US spent much of its history WAITING to be invaded as opposed to actually being invaded.
    I am not sure that I am getting your point ?

Bad things happen only when we are annoyed. Otherwise we are OK people. (I think)