User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Why are Americans so fearful ?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I see violence in many respects as an outcropping of fear.
    I agree with most of what you've said but there are other issues here that most people don't typically address. Sure there are Americans who are afraid but there are also those that are just down right hateful.

9/11 changed a lot about our lives, but it certainly wasn't the first terrorist attack we've ever experienced on American soil. There have been others orchestrated by our own citizens... My view of the 9/11 attacks comes more from the side of the military and this never ending war... plenty of people have suffered and died during the war as well.... and the fact that our aggression is based mostly on corporate greed and strategy and less on fighting terrorism is a really hard pill to swallow for those that have lost so much in this war...

It's frustrating to watch politicians start wars for the financial gain of the corporations under the guise of fighting terror... these same politicians spend a good portion of their time spreading hate, doubt, fear, division etc... but it's the hate that they need in order to achieve any of the other things on the list.. hate has a strange way of making people blind to facts and reason...

Thus, in my opinion, what plagues this country more than fear, is hatred that stems from ignorance... and sure there is an element of fear mixed in with that as well - but I think if I had to tackle one thing in this country to facilitate change it would be the hatred some have for others just because they are different... If we have less hate and more tolerance there will be a hell of a lot less fear and violence... because sometimes people are just hateful and they just want to see you dead for no other reason then you are different from them and there isn't any fear involved in that motivation at all.. just my two cents.

Senior Member Array ThinkingAboutIt's Avatar

This is one reason why I do not watch TV anymore - that is what feeds it.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar

I suppose you could always blame the Jews.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge