User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Fortunately, they are not that insane but they do have some wildly extremist political parties. It could get very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't think they're irresponsible enough to toss nukes around either, but... They are irresponsible nonetheless.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I don't think that I would describe Israel as "tactful."
    It's relative.

On a global scale, just in general? No.

On a local scale, on nuclear matters? I'd say yes.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Number of deaths due to Arab Israel conflict since 1950

Arab-Israeli Fatalities Rank 49th :: Daniel Pipes

Number of murders is the USA between 2001-2005
    Murder Rates and Violent Crimes in America Vs. The War on Terror and Terrorist Acts! - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Stop the slaughter all right.. just get the location correct.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post

Murder Rates and Violent Crimes in America Vs. The War on Terror and Terrorist Acts! - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I ahve no idea about those statistics, but let's not forget that there are 5 million Palestinian refugees, and Gaza is an open-air prison and one of the poorest places on earth. And 2/3 of all kids in Gaza suffer from PTSD and/or deafness due to Israeli bombing raids.

Statistics can be deceptive.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Murders suck and all, but I'm not sure what your point is. Murders are crimes of individuals (you can blame a lot of it too on firearms and shit..I'll give you that). They are not "slaughters" in the Political sense.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I ahve no idea about those statistics, but let's not forget that there are 5 million Palestinian refugees, and Gaza is an open-air prison and one of the poorest places on earth. And 2/3 of all kids in Gaza suffer from PTSD and/or deafness due to Israeli bombing raids.

Statistics can be deceptive.
    Not questioning that.

My point was more political. It's aimed the nations that are decrying the actions of the Israeli government and condeming them.
    I am suggesting that they look at the blood on their own hands before they start spewing mock shock and declaring this the worst crime againt humanity ever. Iran, The UK. The USA, The EU and so forth all need to shut their pie holes and sort their own slaughters and messes out.

No greater example is the terrorism being waged on Americans by Americans daily.. by the time I finish this post 3 Americans will have been shot dead .

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Not questioning that.

My point was more political. It's aimed the nations that are decrying the actions of the Israeli government and condeming them.
    I am suggesting that they look at the blood on their own hands before they start spewing mock shock and declaring this the worst crime againt humanity ever. Iran, The UK. The USA, The EU and so forth all need to shut their pie holes and sort their own slaughters and messes out.

No greater example is the terrorism being waged on Americans by Americans daily.. by the time I finish this post 3 Americans will have been shot dead .
    The reason the US and UK are forced to condemn it is because they fund Israel's existence, and their populations - and the Arab popuulations who they live at the expense of - know this.

DJ Lowkey said it best on a protest in London today:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCpdyGMTZ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCpdyGMTZ0[/YOUTUBE]
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    It might be nice if nukes didn't exist at all, but at least Israel doesn't seem very keen on dick waving with theirs, unless I've missed a whole bunch of news on the issue. Being tactful and letting the nukes serve as a quiet deterrant to invasion seems unusually calm and stable for that part of the world.
    It's widely supposed that the failure of the Israelis to actually use their nuclear weapons on anyone despite the danger they're in betokens restraint and an essential degree of civilisation that other countries in the region lack.

It's less widely known that US planes have on several occasions in recent years turned back nuclear armed missions from Israel, bound for an apparent pre-emptive strike on Iranian facilities.

It's even less widely known that, during the 1991 Gulf War, the Israelis launched F-15s armed with tactical nuclear weapons on a mission towards Bagdhad in what appeared to be retaliation for Saddam's Scud atttacks, prokoving a major diplomatic incident between them and the allies.

Whether in either case they were intending to actually use them, or simply blackmailing the US (in particular) into supporting them by the threat of their use (as appears to have been a long-standing Israeli policy with their nuclear program) is less clear; but they seem fully prepared to contemplate the possibility. I think it's dangerous to give them more than their due here: no-one knows for sure what they'd have done in these incidents without US intervention, and the fact that they are prepared to go so far in itself speaks volumes about their attitude.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Israeli murder of 30 Gaza activists in international waters
    You know what I call this?

A good start.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    You know what I call this?

A good start.
    You do my work for me.