The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    This is propaganda, my dear Falcarius. You're very, very far from the truth.

What part was exactly propaganda?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Pertaining to the general trends of American Jews' attitudes towards Zionism and the State of Israel:

The Failure of the American Jewish Establishment | The New York Review of Books
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Through rational and pragmatic negotiations.
    Keep on dreaming. History isn't driven by rational and pragmattic negotiations, it is driven by the struggle between interests.

But you support terrorism as long as it is done in the name of the stuff you fancy, against the people you hate.
    I don't "support terrorism". Terrorism is a means. Means int hemselves are irrevelent. You really should have read the link I posted, he deals with this question:

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Trotsky
    the moral justification or judgment of the given means flows from the end. Thus shooting in itself is a matter of indifference; shooting a mad dog that threatens a child – a virtue; shooting with the aim of violation or murder – a crime.
    However if you are claiming that I support attacks on Israeli civilians, I don't, because it's necessarry to show them that they are not the enemy, and therefore increase the sympathy of the Israeli workers for the Palestinian cause.

Fallacious angry appeals could have more sway on the uninformed masses, but what does it matter? They're followers, not leaders.
    LOL. The "uninformed" masses tned to have a much better diea about this issue than yourself, whose "facts" come directly from whatever "explanation" of events the IDF is giving this week.

Tell that to all the nations who ever fought a war.
    Israel declares itself at war with Gaza? I didn't realize.

Adhering to a self-righteous attitude will ensure that "might is right" is the only principle that can be applied to resolve the conflict
    Again, this is just your "logical rule", that I really don't know where you pulled it out of.

Israel was established by "might" and expanded itself by "might" throughout its whole existence. The response of the Palestinians caused this no more than slave revolts caused slavery.

The issue will only be resolved by mass global action against Israel crippling it economically, dividing it internally, and as a result defeating it politically and if necessarry militarily.

Stating the historical, ideological and moral reasons why this is necessarry is a key part of gathering sufficient "might" to acheive this.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    What part was exactly propaganda?
    It must have been propaganda. Blackmail posseses a completely objective worldview untouched by any ideological bias. Any deviation from his self-evident truths about human nature is simply ideology.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

Oberon

Hey... are we going to just let this thread die?!?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^Seeing as you think any history of Palestine which differs from your own prejudice is "pro-Palestinian propaganda" and therefore "way down (your) reading lsit", why would you want to keep debating something you have so little interest in?

A thread about the murder of some people isn't really an appropriate place for you to amuse yourself.

Oberon

Thank you, tcda... I knew your answer would be 'no.'

I did you one better than reading up on Pali history... I went to the local mosque last Thursday and made a new Palestinian-American friend (my first). His name is Yusuf.

Yes, I'm serious.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I'm glad. I hope you both stay friends.

My answer is "yes" though. I don't want to argue for the sake of it. If anything new happens I'll argue it again, for now I think everyone pretty much stated their case.

MBTI
    INTJ

tcda, you should type out all of the reasons you support the Palestinians in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and post them in this thread for all of us to read. If you already did so elsewhere in this thread, what page is it on?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Means in themselves are irrelevant.
    This echoes the motto, "The ends justify the means".

And this has led to horror in the past; and with Islamic suicide bombing, leads to horror today; and will led to horror tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mole; 06-29-2010 at 11:03 PM.