User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Excellent avatar.
    What happened to change that we can believe in???

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Who is surprised?

In any case Obama could discipline Israel immediately if he wanted to, regardless of Netanyahu cancelling a meeting, because they are dependant on US funding. But he has no real wish to, because they share too many common interests. Despite some cosmetic changes, Obama has continued neo-con foreign policy in every significant way.

This calls for my old avatar:

I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

This video (Arabaic and English) is a running commentary of the attacka s it was happening from Al Jazeera, who were on the ship at the time, showing that the Israeli forces continued firing live ammunition even after the ship raised a white flag:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR2GQQBGTlY&feature=player_embedded#!"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR2GQQBGTlY&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ

Is anyone really surprised?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

It stinks when the world can call for strong approaches to N Korea for military related deaths, but not a thing will ever be done about a State that kills civilians and/or makes their life a living hell..... all because some writings they had 4000 yrs ago said they were the "Chosen People". It's really what it comes down to...no one can escape the utter bullshit that is Jewish religious history, whether it's explicitly stated or not.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Is anyone really surprised?
    I'm not at all surprised, but I think it's worth getting these facts out now before the inevitable post factum obfuscation from the Israeli government and its supporters begins.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTx

That part of the world is simply crazy. Anything tragic that happens there gets dialed way down as par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    The United States must cut off military aid to Israel now.
    They 'must'? Why? Because some people would like them to? Good luck convincing them of that.

And, while we're on the topic of Israel, that is a country that ought to be visited by weapons inspectors. It has nuclear weapons. These must be dismantled, the sooner the better.
    Israel is a paranoid state but I don't think there's much concern that they'll be tossing nukes around on a whim.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Why must the U.S. government cut off military aid to Israel? Not because "some people would like them to," but because they violated the rules governing military aid. The aid is to be used for defensive purposes only. This was an unprovoked attack on civilians. Therefore it's worthy of military aid cutoff.
    I hope that you are right about Israel and the nukes. Of course, it would be much better if Israel (and everyone else) had no nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    That part of the world is simply crazy. Anything tragic that happens there gets dialed way down as par for the course.

They 'must'? Why? Because some people would like them to? Good luck convincing them of that.

Israel is a paranoid state but I don't think there's much concern that they'll be tossing nukes around on a whim.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

I don't think they're irresponsible enough to toss nukes around either, but... They are irresponsible nonetheless.

MBTI
    INTx

Why must the U.S. government cut off military aid to Israel? Not because "some people would like them to," but because they violated the rules governing military aid. The aid is to be used for defensive purposes only. This was an unprovoked attack on civilians. Therefore it's worthy of military aid cutoff.
    I hope that you are right about Israel and the nukes. Of course, it would be much better if Israel (and everyone else) had no nukes.
    If the USA wants to provide military aid to Israel then they're going to, and the details don't really matter. Israel just made it a little harder to justify the arrangement.

It might be nice if nukes didn't exist at all, but at least Israel doesn't seem very keen on dick waving with theirs, unless I've missed a whole bunch of news on the issue. Being tactful and letting the nukes serve as a quiet deterrant to invasion seems unusually calm and stable for that part of the world.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I don't think that I would describe Israel as "tactful."

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    It might be nice if nukes didn't exist at all, but at least Israel doesn't seem very keen on dick waving with theirs, unless I've missed a whole bunch of news on the issue. Being tactful and letting the nukes serve as a quiet deterrant to invasion seems unusually calm and stable for that part of the world.