User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I agree.
    Israel has a right to exist. The recognition of the fact is called Zionism.
    The solution is simple.
    Give money, only under blackmail. To both parties.
    Accept what is.
    What is?
    Hamas and Zionism is what is.
    Hypocrisy is what is not.
    WTF?

Has Victor hijacked this account?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

What I see... Two fundamentalist movements chopping away at each other.
    Nothing can be described in terms of right and wrong since the Zionist invasion in 48.
    After that, it's all just the story of occupation.

Now, there are two ways to deal with occupying a foreign country successfully in the long term.
    Either you kill every native and resettle, or you make them like the new government.
    Deport or push them, and they'll just cause problems forever and end up overthrowing you.
    I used to stand on the Palestinian side of this, being a leftist.
    Since Hamas took over the entire operation and they went Islamic Fundamentalist, i.e terrorists...
    No, I do not sympathize with the Hamas movement.

I can support the PFLP or maybe even the PLO. They don't utilize suicide bombers, for one.
    Now I can sort of understand why the Israelis build walls and starve them out, in order to root them out.
    So many innocents in the way, though. Pure madness. But, the world is not a safe fluffy little place.
    Shit happens. That it does.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

I'm with Jesus. I think both sides cause the problem, and a lot of people who live in the area but aren't into killing each other seem to wear it.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    WTF?

Has Victor hijacked this account?
    Before there was Victor, there was wildcat. Few understand wildcattese, and fewer still can speak it.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    OK, next topic: Netanyahu sealing the entire blockade, demanding an unconditional surrender from Hamas... "or everyone in Gaza is walking corpse." Sure, Netanyahu can do whatever he likes. It doesn't have to be legal. You're absolutely right. But the entire world will have to respond with condemnation to that sort of action. The World Court and the International Criminal Court will have to get involved. Israel will have to be sanctioned by the United Nations. It is a serious violation of the the Geneva Conventions of 1949. Read this: International Humanitarian Law - Fourth 1949 Geneva Convention
    All right: topic the last:
    nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    Completely unacceptable. Japan was ready to surrender. What was the point, except to test new weapons?
    Well. We did that, and we are still suffering the consequences of developing and testing those weapons.
    In Western New York and in other areas of the United States, where the Manhattan Project was done, the nuclear waste that resulted was buried in improperly stored containers. They are leaching into the soil. There is radioactive material in the Niagara River. The result is cases of atypical cancers.
    Was it really our goal to kill our own citizens for years to come?
    Read this: Introduction: The Manhattan Project: A New and Secret World of Human Experimentation
    1) Are you seriously citing the Geneva Conventions? Do you not see the silliness in doing so? Do you not see that in this modern day and age, that the Geneva Conventions are nothing more than a document that says to terrorists "you can violate international laws all you want, but not have to suffer the consequences of the people you are allegedly fighting for and hiding amongst suffering collective punishment"? You realize that terrorists today abuse the fact that the Geneva Conventions exist by hiding amongst civilians and using them as human shields, and then whining that the more powerful faction is committing war crimes?

Think about how many Hamas leaders say "We have a humanitarian crisis here! Israel is committing war crimes and breaking international laws!"

Oh, right, but indoctrinating children to becoming suicide bombers and launching rockets at Israeli towns is absolutely justified because it's a common happenstance and there's nothing we can really do about it short of glassing Gaza, is there? So we'll just accept that it happens, say that Israel has adapted by way of bomb shelters, and that even though it theoretically has a right to retaliate, any real retaliation will cause so much collateral damage that it will be a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

Honesty, just for factions like Hamas, I say that there needs to be a new clause added to the Geneva Conventions:

"Ruling parties in violation of the Geneva Conventions lose all protections of the Geneva Conventions for themselves and all of their constituents."

Aka the next time Hamas shoots a rocket into Sderot, it would be completely legal to wipe Gaza from the face of the planet.

As for the A-bombs, I happen to agree. My point with the a-bombs is that the Japanese civilians were far more innocent than those in Gaza. After all, I highly doubt that Japanese children were indoctrinated to want to murder another type of people because they don't pray to the same invisible man.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Here is another article:IRIN Global | GLOBAL: Do the Geneva Conventions still stand up? | Asia East Africa Global Great Lakes Horn of Africa Latin America and Caribbean Middle East Southern Africa West Africa | Afghanistan Angola Bangladesh Burkina Faso Burundi Benin IRIN B The Geneva Conventions are international treaties and documents and have to be applied to all situations of conflict. That includes the Israel-Gaza issue. As treaties, these are legally binding documents and the word "silly" does not apply.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENTJ

They should only apply so long as both sides respect them. Once one side flagrantly and deliberately violates them, say, by hiding out amongst civilians, storing munitions in hospitals, firing rockets at civilian populations, etc..., why should its civilians be protected by the Geneva Conventions, if that would be the only way to stop the aggression?

MBTI
    INFJ

Lot of jew bashing in here it seems... werent the "activists" tossing flash bangs too?
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Lot of jew bashing in here it seems... werent the "activists" tossing flash bangs too?
    Of course there's lots of Jew bashing. Considering how few of us there are and how prolific so many Jews are, there's no wonder so many look for any opportunity to lash out at them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Of course there's lots of Jew bashing. Considering how few of us there are and how prolific so many Jews are, there's no wonder so many look for any opportunity to lash out at them.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp