User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post

I know if something like that happened in the US, we'd just take it in stride and none of us would resort to violence against the foreign occupier.

I don't expect you to feel anything for them. You've already made it clear you stand on the side of the oppressor...
    1) You think anyone's going to take over the US anytime soon? Yeah, good luck moving a force across an ocean without it getting completely annihilated by F-22s and other weaponry.

2) I don't stand on the side of the oppressor...I stand on the side of a nation that'd be a technological paradise if not for the fact that there exist a bunch of good-for-nothing subhuman beasts that seek only to kill right next to it. Sucks for the innocent pals (assuming there are any) that they have to be collectively punished, but they're not exactly helping their case by condoning terrorist actions.

As for "the Palestinians have the right to fight back":

If you fight against the Israeli military in a straight up fight, that's one thing.

But if you launch rockets against Israeli civilians, I don't think you have any right to whine when you get your ass handed to you.

The Palestinians are breaking international laws by attacking civilians. The Israelis therefore are on even ground at worst, and much better at best considering that the IDF can bomb Gaza into nonexistence in less than a day if it felt the desire to.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    I don't stand on the side of the oppressor...I stand on the side of a nation that'd be a technological paradise if not for the fact that there exist a bunch of good-for-nothing subhuman beasts that seek only to kill right next to it. Sucks for the innocent pals (assuming there are any) that they have to be collectively punished, but they're not exactly helping their case by condoning terrorist actions.

As for "the Palestinians have the right to fight back":

If you fight against the Israeli military in a straight up fight, that's one thing.

But if you launch rockets against Israeli civilians, I don't think you have any right to whine when you get your ass handed to you.

The Palestinians are breaking international laws by attacking civilians. The Israelis therefore are on even ground at worst, and much better at best considering that the IDF can bomb Gaza into nonexistence in less than a day if it felt the desire to.
    Homemade and hand launched rockets are paltry compared to the air to surface and ground based tactical missiles of the IDF.

Israel is knee deep in civilian blood just from the Lebanon conflict. At the end of that 44 Israeli civilians were dead (over half of whom were Arab-Israelis), while over a 1,200 Lebanese civilians were killed. That was just one month.

Enough of this self-defense bull-crap. Everybody knows that Israel has one of the best military forces in the world. Constant demonstrations are not needed. Just because their security is "threatened" doesn't mean that a developed country like Israel should devolve to such low levels. There are better ways to handle minor violence than with vulgar displays of power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    GONE

Just in case no one else has posted this:

Gaza flotilla activists were shot in head at close range
    Exclusive: Nine Turkish men on board Mavi Marmara were shot a total of 30 times, autopsy results reveal
    Gaza flotilla activists were shot in head at close range | World news | The Guardian
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Riva

I am puzzled as to why Israel attacked them in the 1st place. Why would they risk being subjected to criticism?

Either they got bored with Obama getting all the attention or they had information that there were spies, militia men or weapons on board those ships.

Or they simple got paranoid.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I am puzzled as to why Israel attacked them in the 1st place. Why would they risk being subjected to criticism?
    That's the thing, Israel doesn't have to seriously fear world censure and particularly does not have to worry about the US ever criticizing them. The UN General Secretary condemned Israel attacks on schools I dunno, 1 or 2 years ago and said the UN would investigate, but you saw not even a *mention* of that on US tv or even the internet.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Riva

^ Western double standards.

Anyway, still they must have had a reason. maybe it was a false alarm. And they sure did act the wrong way.

Edit - False not fake.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The Rachel Corrie approaches the blockade exclusion zone. I have no personal take on this, but 6 of the 19 people on board are from Malaysia, including 3 members of a TV station news crew and a member of Parliament. Also on-board the Irish registered ship is a Nobel Peace Prize winner and a former UN assistant SecGen.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    The interesting part is that the ship was registered in Turkey and was interdicted in international waters.

Turkey condemns Israel over deadly attack on Gaza aid flotilla - Telegraph

It looks like the Israelis have finally tired of the Ak Party. -They're probably as tired of the Ak Party as the Turkish military are...

Poking the Israelis with a big stick is never a good idea. It demonstrates a naivety that is somewhat at odds with the military relations both countries benefit from.
    I agree.
    Israel has a right to exist. The recognition of the fact is called Zionism.
    The solution is simple.
    Give money, only under blackmail. To both parties.
    Accept what is.
    What is?
    Hamas and Zionism is what is.
    Hypocrisy is what is not.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    The Rachel Corrie
    Let's see what Israel does, murder people again...or not.

MBTI
    INFP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISl5yIPBMjw"]Contact Lost[/YOUTUBE]