User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    WORD. Get your entertainment where you can, right? I think it's sad that people don't seem to cherish the concept of privacy anymore, like finding appropriate places to have phone conversations, and perhaps refraining from giving commentary on every little thing - just because they could say something doesn't mean they should. Enshrining personal whims over the group well-being. SO, with that said, if you stand in a public place and shout a conversation over a cell phone, then I get to listen.
    my thoughts are, if you converse loudly enough for me to hear without getting up off of the bench where I'm sitting and reading, I should have the right to participate in the conversation... I've gotten in some fairly interesting conversations that way before!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Sniffles

My thoughts are when I can hear you loud and clearly despite having earplugs on; then obviously you're talking way too loud and need to shut the fuck up immediately! :steam:

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my thoughts are, if you converse loudly enough for me to hear without getting up off of the bench where I'm sitting and reading, I should have the right to participate in the conversation... I've gotten in some fairly interesting conversations that way before!

LOL! I love it! Seriously! If they can't be bothered, then why should you? And I've gotten into strange conversations that way too. It feels weird, like you were actually included in a conversation, even though you weren't. TMI's cause strange situations.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I get really irritated with how Americans often assume everybody wants to hear their life stories, and thus will talk at top of their voices when in public places.
    agreed! though i guess americans are not unique in their loudness, just conspicuous in certain places!
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    My thoughts are when I can hear you loud and clearly despite having earplugs on; then obviously you're talking way too loud and need to shut the fuck up immediately! :steam:
    definitley an introvert

LOL! I love it! Seriously! If they can't be bothered, then why should you? And I've gotten into strange conversations that way too. It feels weird, like you were actually included in a conversation, even though you weren't. TMI's cause strange situations.
    I love stranger conversations! I often wander away wondering how it happened, but I've never been good at keeping quiet when someone was luring me in that way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I hate the inequities in public K-12 school funding.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Sniffles

definitley an introvert
    Yes that brings up another (related) issue, the "Extraversion assumption" prevalent in American society.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I love stranger conversations! I often wander away wondering how it happened, but I've never been good at keeping quiet when someone was luring me in that way
    Me too! Conversations with strangers is always a trip. Two weeks ago, Domino and I trapped a Census taker in the house and grilled him about his home life for two hours! lol Hey! He knew our personal information, so it seemed natural to ask him about his life. LOL. ( He was a young INTJ that seemed to enjoy being eaten alive. )

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

how about the assumption that girls should be more touchy feely

or that we should talk about what we're feeling! :horor:

and to add to cafe's complaint... unreasonable expectations put on teachers in k-12 education... I get an earfull about that every time I talk to my mom

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Me too! Conversations with strangers is always a trip. Two weeks ago, Domino and I trapped a Census taker in the house and grilled him about his home life for two hours! lol Hey! He knew our personal information, so it seemed natural to ask him about his life. LOL. ( He was a young INTJ that seemed to enjoy being eaten alive. )
    that reminds me of the times I've managed to get telemarketers off script and chat with them... it's lots of fun!