First 2533343536 Last

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    But the fact is I do not hate the US.

The only exception is the weird evangelical fundamentalists that lurk in places like Carolina. They are really scary people. :horor:
    i'm pretty well convinced they lurk everywhere. then again i live in a rather conservative area of PA and am more or less stuck here, so i could just be projecting personal paranoia into this fact.

i hate

- people who cannot formulate a rational or reasonable argument
    -the prevalency of individuals that are social conservatives and economic libertarians or conservatives
    - closed-minded people that stonewall others in a debate or conversation
    - grumpy old people that accuse you of acting a certain way and are acting the same way
    - the constant stream of pundits who do the same on TV
    - the redneck culture
    - the gangsta culture
    - the conservative suburbanite superiority complex
    - small children
    - people who dont want to examine and analyze things contantly
    - people who hold tradition in substantially higher regard than research and science dictate
    - people without common sense
    - i suppose this holds true of most places, if not all, but the large number of people that don't know how to treat disabled persons
    - the lack of easy access to places from suburbia, yet everything is biased toward outer suburban living
    - the drinking age
    - US drug policy in general
    - how we're fine with the above, yet how we have marketed things like cigarettes to less-developed countries (think colombia, where apparently the smoking rate is really high) and are ok with this, yet we make them pay for them doing the same thing, albeit with a different drug (in this case, cocaine) or other product.
    - how we live to work, as opposed to the work to live ethic in many european countries
    - how if you refuse to believe that the US is always number one, people will hold this against you- even if you have good intentions and are trying to bring attention to a problem or problems
    - how we are a fear-based culture, and would rather have our fears backed up by lies than be relieved by the truth, yet we complain constantly about the former
    - the shit standard of living in cities vs suburbia as opposed to in other industrialized countries, and, once again, the suburbanite superiority complex and lack of desire for tangible change that reflects this in some ways (although this is changing to some extent)
    - lack of easy healthy eating options, and the easy availability of pitifully unhealthy food
    - the atypical abundance of people who cannot spend money wisely

Thumbs up Sixty-four

America is the only country in the world that can invade Oz successfully. So we keep our friends close and America even closer. So close we have our military officers working in the Pentagon, so although we know America has the capability, we want to be the first to know the intention. And in the meantime we wrote the Counter-Insurgency Handbook and gave it to General Petraeus.

And the Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton, said on her last visit that we are a delight and pleasure to work with. And we work at being a delight and pleasure by anticipating what America wants and giving it to them before they even have to ask.

And it works. We have had peace for sixty-four years and look forward to the next sixty-four.

And as we wander around the corridors of the Pentagon we sing a little song to ourselves, "Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?".

MBTI
    STFU

this is all i can think of at work right now.

police.
    strip malls.
    network television.
    religious fundamentalists. but thats everywhere. its an ancient global virus.
    most elected officials.
    public education.
    societal gender programming.
    popular music.
    drug laws.
    my job.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Processed sh*t hydrogenated crap food that most Americans eat...corporations dont care about our health or well being, they only care about $$$$$$, bastards.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    America is the only country in the world that can invade Oz successfully. So we keep our friends close and America even closer. So close we have our military officers working in the Pentagon, so although we know America has the capability, we want to be the first to know the intention. And in the meantime we wrote the Counter-Insurgency Handbook and gave it to General Petraeus.

And the Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton, said on her last visit that we are a delight and pleasure to work with. And we work at being a delight and pleasure by anticipating what America wants and giving it to them before they even have to ask.

And it works. We have had peace for sixty-four years and look forward to the next sixty-four.

And as we wander around the corridors of the Pentagon we sing a little song to ourselves, "Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?".
    Their failure to invade Oz sucessfully.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Processed sh*t hydrogenated crap food that most Americans eat...corporations dont care about our health or well being, they only care about $$$$$$, bastards.
    If it makes you feel any better (and I'm quite certain it won't) I don't particularly care about your health or well being either, but I would be happy to sell you something that would make you healthier or happier.

That's sweet of you bring on the organic fruits n veggies my way....but at a reasonable price.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

sales tax is different for every state.
    makes the international traveller quite confused.

and no VAT Return! Booooo!
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The insanely large portions at alot of restaurants and just the amount of unhealthy food in general. The obesity rate is increasing largely because of that. Realistically, not everyone has the time or interest in cooking for every meal. Have a greater variety of healthier options in restaurants and make them tasty enough so that people will want to eat them. Keep the portion sizes more reasonable. Keep the health food reasonably priced. Don't add unhealthy additives when it isn't necessary. Same goes for convenience stores. I've gone in convenience stores and the only real healthy options I see are bananas and apples. Almost everything else is candy and chips.

I'd like to see the electoral system eliminated. Use popular votes to elect the president.

I'd like universal health care or something that's moving more in that direction. USA is one of the few industrialized countries not to have that.

I wish the income gap between the richest and poorest was significantly reduced. I'm not advocating that everyone make an exactly equal income, but I'd like to see the poor make enough money so they can get their basic needs met.

Reduce the costs of higher education. So many of the decent jobs require a degree, which can be insanely expensive. Or better yet, let people self-educate themselves and if they prove competent enough, let them do the job even though they lack the degree.

End the war already! Easier said than done, I know.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP

I think they're pretty rad actually. Certainly the country and people I would miss the most were they to suddenly disappear.

I like how the biggest and most effective opponents of America doing dickish things to the world are Americans.