Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by skin View Post
    Facepalm.
    Unwarranted; he's right.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Facepalm.
    Do you have something to refute what I just wrote or are you content being condescending while adding nothing to the discussion?

MBTI
    INFP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    Do you have something to refute what I just wrote or are you content being condescending while adding nothing to the discussion?
    Nothing else than that we are fundamentally in disagreement if you don't see any growing tendencies of "coporatism and merging of classes/interest into the body of the state" at all in the current US.

Sorry for my condescending tone, it was uncalled for. However, as i disagreed with above with Peguy, you don't have to be full blown nazi.germany or any other nation famously and historically compared with the word, to have behavior that steadily moves towards similarity to the fascistic ideology.

Is there any other nation in the world with more obvious corporatism than the US?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Nothing else than that we are fundamentally in disagreement if you don't see any growing tendencies of "coporatism and merging of classes/interest into the body of the state" at all in the current US.

Sorry for my condescending tone, it was uncalled for. However, as i disagreed with above with Peguy, you don't have to be full blown nazi.germany or any other nation famously and historically compared with the word, to have behavior that steadily moves towards similarity to the fascistic ideology.

Is there any other nation in the world with more obvious corporatism than the US?
    I think you are misunderstanding the term corporatism in this context. It's not a mere merger of state and corporate power. The "corporate" in fascist corporatism refers to all components of society (church, labor unions, businesses, fraternal organizations, etc.) being part of one corpus (body) which is the state, it's not referring to corporations in the legal and usual sense of the term.

It's about the state merging together class interests-- the capitalists with the labor union and the state. It is an essential component of fascism, and part of what separates it from other authoritarian and reactionary movements.

Corporatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So by this standard, there are a hell of a lot more corporatist countries out there than the US-- the PRC, Mexico, fuck, even Europe is more corporatist in this sense. As long as relatively independent labor unions exist in this country, it's not fascist.

The problem with this is that you've just about labelled all states in the world fascist, now where do you go from there? Do you classify the US as a moderate, unideological or even unintentionally fascist state and, say Mussolini, Franco, Peron's states as extreme fascists or what?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I hate that so few of my peers have the ability to stop and think ahead.

I hate that because of the lack of foresight, large companies try to increase profit in the short term, but massively hemorrhage profits in the long-term.

As a matter of fact, I hate the whole motif of working for profit. The goal is to just produce! It would be entirely too easy to end up in an Orwellian dystopia based upon it.

I hate American patriotism that borders on fascist nationalism.

I hate that it's perfectly acceptable, and rather encouraged for people to not ask questions.

I hate when people get on their moral high horses.

I absolutely, positively HATE that we as a nation, in an effort to "fix" our problems steal funding from the education department and mismanage it away.

I hate that almost all of our political leaders are crooked, or are too embroiled in partisan struggles to give a damn about the good of the country.

I hate that in America, we're taught a bunch of bullshit little pick-me-up, feel-good stories about our heritage that presents ourselves as though we did have a right to be on a moral high horse, when in fact, we've been just as greedy and bloodthirsty as anyone else has.

What I hate more about that, is that no one ever bothers to try to tell the truth or correct the misguided things that have been put into the heads of our students from programs designed like the one above.

I absolutely hate that a large proportion of the black community prides itself on being "gangsta" (utterly, utterly, rude and ignorant.)

I hate that people care more about Kelly Clarkson and American Idol than they do about actual politics (voting on American Idol is as close as they come to politics.)

I hate how far we've strayed from the advice of our founding fathers, and I hate that I'm powerless to do anything to stop it.

I hate our foreign policy.

I hate our conservation methods (for the most part.)

I hate our views toward scientific research.

I hate that a bachelor's degree is now the equivalent of an old-school H.S. Diploma.

I hate that life can be patented.

I hate that almost 95% of all of our food products are controlled by only a handful of companies and corporations.

I hate that Clarence Thomas was able to vote on whether or not Monsanto could patent the right to the life of a certain variable of soybean in a Supreme Court decision, when he himself WORKED at Monsanto in a very high position.

I hate that Monsanto and other corporations have enslaved our farmers.

I hate that our domesticated animals which we eat are treated worse than what a person would be allowed to treat a stray dog.

I hate that we have only thirteen slaughterhouses in the United States which handles nearly all of the meat products we consume.

I hate how terrible the conditions are in these slaughterhouses, fields, and coops in which we keep our livestock.

I hate how freakishly easy it would be to contaminate one cow and spread disease to thousands of people due to the meat production facilities.

I hate that our cows are fed corn instead of grass, when grass is much more healthy for not only cows, but much more healthy for humans as well.

I hate that our government subsidizes farmers to grow such a ridiculous amount of corn each year, and how the government subsidizes fast food restaurants, effectively making fast food the cheapest, easiest way for people to get a meal. (Seriously, $1 for a double cheeseburger, with paying someone to make it? That's ridiculous. You couldn't even buy that much meat at a store for a dollar.)

I hate that it's near-on impossible to go out and eat healthily.

I hate that almost every product we eat is infused with high fructose corn syrup.

I hate our crushing dependency of oil, our hatred of the Middle East, and the giant flip-flop we perform when we happily accept Middle Eastern oil.

I hate how we have to drill for oil. (I hated it even before the Gulf Coast thing.)

I hate that we still rely on coal for almost 50% of our electric needs.

I hate that some of the hardest working people in America are fired or laid off despite being loyal to a company for decades.

I hate how many pointless casualties and accidents we have due to corporate greed.

I hate how everything gets blown out of proportion in America.

I hate the people who freak out just because a chart changes a shade of color.

I hate that I'm conscripted to be represented by political candidate based upon my geographical region and not my political ideals.

I hate the Christians who try and say that the U.S. was founded as a Christian nation. For the most part, it wasn't. The colonies were, but many of our founding fathers wanted nothing to do with Christianity. (Ben Franklin)

I hate the Disney culture that is being impressed upon our youth.

I hate the color pink and the selfish princess gender stereotype that keeps being reinforced into girls and women everywhere.

I hate a lot of gender stereotyping that's American specific, but too tedious to point out.

I hate that in America, every member of a non-white race's achievements or failures are directly related to their race.

I hate credit cards.

I hate that credit card companies can legally get away with things that would make a loan shark blush.

I hate that it's so god-damned hard to find people who aren't afraid to speak in rational, well-thought-out ways.

I hate that it's hard to have philosophical discussions with most people.

I hate that public transportation is HORRIBLE in the United States.

I hate that a nipple can put stop to an entire nation, but someone being shot in the head is considered normal.

I hate that we know how to use technology, but not how to produce it.

I hate that there's really no safety net for American society if the entire electric grid were to be broken down.

I hate that I feel the most reliable source of news that I receive through my T.V. is oddly enough, a satire of the actual news.

I hate Sean Hannity.

I really fucking hate Sean Hannity.

I consider Sean Hannity to be the scum of the Earth, and the embodiment of almost everything that I hate in America.

I hate that in America, people try to play the patriot card.

I hate people who will pretend to get on a moral high horse and say some of he most ridiculous things to incite hatred in as many people as possible just because they're getting paid to do it.

I hate that intelligence is regarded as being intimidating and is swept aside for something more boisterous to take the lead.

I hate that women are always portrayed as the weaker sex, and that men are the more stupid.

I hate that so much political correctness and the womens' movement has all but demasculinized men completely.

I hate that people try to pretend that there aren't any differences between individuals. Some people are smarter, or stronger than others; it's a fact of nature.

I hate the whole blue collar redneck movement.

I hate the glorification of ignorance.

I hate how few strive to achieve.

I hate how many people have to take drugs to cope with how positively messed up everything is.

I hate how many people take drugs just for the trip.

I hate how it's impossible for some people to just sit back and relax without drinking.

I hate the set up of our prisons and the recidivism rate.

I hate the lack of social programs that would actually help people out of the gutter.

I hate the poor treatment of our veterans.

I hate the poor treatment of our mentally ill.

I hate that the bottom line is the bottom line, even though I kind of said this before.

I hate how mortgages and loans are set up, with very little done on a Bank's part to inform a client of the legal consequences before signing.

I also hate how parents today don't have control over their children.

I hate how most parents aren't even directly involved in their childrens' education.

I hate that it's acceptable for little punk-ass middle schoolers to run their mouths.

I hate a lot of the pointless drug laws we have.

I hate a lot of the hypocritical sex and marriage laws we have.

I hate how little our constitution is enforced.

I hate how hypocritically we treat people who are not our citizens.

I hate how hypocritical Americans are in general.

I hate how easily I was able to add to this list.

I hate that I could easily add more to this list.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP

What's so bad about Jersey? I mean, I like making fun of Jersey as much as the next guy, but in all reality it actually ain't that bad. Parts of Jersey City and Newark are actually quite awesome, especially the Ironbound.
    Sorry, I really wasn't being serious at all when I added New Jersey to my list. Not that I particularly like it.

MBTI
    intj

America is so vast that almost everything said about it is likely to be true, and the opposite is probably equally true. - James T. Farrell

Its not condescension, he doesnt agree and thinks there's nothing to say, that component of fascism is only really a characteristic in opposition in power fascists defend their own interests, everyone else be damned.

A lot of the things people hate about America I'm noticing are not restricted to or exclusively or originally American.