User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

*sigh*

I hate that the USA spends more on "defense" by the dollar than any other nation in the world.

I hate that the USA is the world's number one polluter.

I hate that the USA is the primary consumer of fossil fuels in the world, and is probably doing less to change its fossil fuel consumption than any other developed nation.

I hate that the USA has the largest prison population by any measure.

I hate the innumerable ways that the USA acts like a self-excepting bully on the international stage. The aggressiveness. The arrogance.

I hate how the USA lacks simple things like run-offs, referendums, proprotional representation, a third party, or even a fucking holiday for elections, the way so many nations with a serious interest in democracy do.

I hate the USA's social spending, which helps less but costs more. Added to that, I hate the pervasive American belief that this is proof there should be less government run social welfare programs, when there absolutely should be more.

I hate the USA's shitty public transit, and the need for everyone to have not one, but two or more personal automobiles, which they can drive with one of the most easily obtained driver's licenses in the world.

I hate how poor the USA's public education system is, and how little the government helps people to get into and through university.

I hate the USA's cultural hubris, which results in things like it being extraordinarily monolingual, with people who have a tendency to get angry at the suggestion they learn a second one.

I hate the USA's role as the biggest and most powrful road-block to fighting climate change.

I hate how the USA has adopted litigiousness as a fundamental part of its common culture.

And still more excess in the USA I hate. The over production and over consumption of everything, not just fuels. The obesity everywhere. The mountains of plastic garbage.

On that note, I hate the USA's tendency to blame other nations for damage done by services that the USA paid for.

I hate the USA's inequity. How its GINI is mediocre for a second-world nation. How common it is to be dubious of anything that helps the poor and not the rich.

I hate how in the USA, seemingly everything that could benefit society is corrupted at the behest of corporate interests.

This probably isn't over. That's just what I could get out of a stream of conscience.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    *sigh*

I hate that the USA spends more on "defense" by the dollar than any other nation in the world.

I hate that the USA is the world's number one poluter.

I hate that the USA is the primary consumer of fossil fuels in the world, and is probably doing less to change its fossil fuel consumption than any other developed nation.

I hate that the USA has the largest prison population by any measure.

I hate the innumerable ways that the USA acts like a self-excepting bully on the international stage. The aggressiveness. The arrogance.

I hate how the USA lacks simple things like run-offs, referendums, proprotional representation, a third party, or even a fucking holiday for elections, the way so many nations with a serious interest in democracy do.

I hate the USA's social spending, which helps less but costs more. Added to that, I hate the pervasive American belief that this is proof there should be less government run social welfare programs, when there absolutely should be more.

I hate the USA's shitty punlic transit, and the need for everyone to have not one, but two or more personal automobiles, which they can drive with one of the most easily obtained driver's licenses in the world.

I hate how poor the USA's public education system is, and how little the government helps people to get into and through university.

I hate the USA's cultural hubris, which results in things like it being extraordinarily monolingual, with people who have a tendency to get angry at the suggestion they learn a second one.

I hate the USA's role as the biggest and most powrful road-block to fighting climate change.

I hate how the USA has adopted litigiousness as a fundamental part of it's common culture.

And still more excess in the USA I hate. The over production and over consumption of everything, not just fuels. The obesity everywhere. The mountains of plastic garbage.

On that note, I hate the USA's tendency to blame other nations for damage done by services that the USA paid for.

I hate the USA's inequity. How it's GINI is mediocre for a second-world nation. How common it is to be dubious of anything that helps the poor and not the rich.

I hate how in the USA, seemingly everything that could benefit society is corrupted at the behest of corporate interests.

This probably isn't over. That's just what I could get out of a stream of conscience.

China is the world's #1 polluter now.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Emo kids are all like - "gosh! I hate everything and I wish my family would die!" and "nobody understand me!".

Then they go to Hot Topic and use the credit card their dad preloaded with cash.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Come on, MP! Let it all out! It's good for you!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

High pretention levels + upper/middle class living + Suburbs = emo/scene culture.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Did it finally pass us? It's like the race between cancer and heart disease.

That doesn't really save much face for the USA, though. Don't get me wrong, I hate China, too.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Yea I was about the say that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

MP, do you have plenty of hate to go around?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    MP, do you have plenty of hate to go around?
    It's spread pretty thin.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Did it finally pass us? It's like the race between cancer and heart disease.

That doesn't really save much face for the USA, though. Don't get me wrong, I hate China, too.
    Yeah, sometime during the 2000s. They consume less than we do, but their industry is pretty nasty with the pollution.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"