User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ugh... emo kids... and the pathetic thing is that most of them are the kids from the suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    how about just say the suburbs... I passionatly despise the suburbs... everything's too far apart, there are neighborhood associations, brat kids, PTA functions, soccer moms/dads, chain restraunts, box stores, no sidewalks and very few parks :steam:
    Don't you think there are so many emo kids, etc., at least partly because the suburban landscape can be so isolating (no sidewalks, everything too far apart)? I would start to feel depressed too if I felt cut off from everything.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh hey hey suburbanite here!

Actually I love how loudly people talk here. If I lived in France or something I would not be much of a writer.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have more to whine about than that the Gap is out of the right cut of khakis... and most of them I know hang out with the other young hooligans of their subdivision
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ

I really hate how big SuperWalmart is and how the tile floors are BLINDINGLY WHITE. They like nearly give me seizures.

Sniffles

Yes suburbia does create a certain pathology that just feeds upon itself and its children. You're isolated from other people, not to mention reality itself. So thus in a such a world, whinning about the Gap pretty much is all your world is about. It's really sad.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I resent seeing the farm ground and trees razed for houses and box stores as well... suburbs are weird and alien :horor:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ

Living in the suburbs is kind of like mowing a lawn. It's strange and unnatural and yet you feel some sort of strange zen peace while you do it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I lived in the suburbs for 2 months... that was all that I could take I went running for refuge in the hood after that

I can't deal with the Stepford Wives like atmosphere :horor:

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Living in the suburbs is kind of like mowing a lawn. It's strange and unnatural and yet you feel some sort of strange zen peace while you do it.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I could not stand NYC when I was there. I felt very claustrophobic. There is no grass and walls all around, it's like being stuck in a hedge maze only uglier.

I am serious, I've been to a lot of American cities, and I do not think I have ever suffered such a strong revulsion to any cities like I have to New York. I mean, even though I will complain about Atlanta, that's mostly because so much of the architecture was stupid and not because of the structure of it itself.

I don't like how this is supposed to be "our" city. I'd choose a different one if I could, but I am not going to have much sway in picking a different city to represent the US when there are some 15 million people in that one.

This opinion may have been created from a brewing sinus infection, but I have the feeling it wasn't.