User Tag List

First 5131415

Sniffles

So be it Mystic.

Oberon

Peguy, you should just leave it. This crew doesn't even have the requisite language and concepts to understand your perspective, and they're picking just to pick.

Sniffles

I'm well aware of that Oberon, hence why I said "so be it".

MBTI
    INFP

Perhaps we should let them ban the internet, by spreading draw muhammed day to drawing him everyday :p

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Why don't the media ever show examples of sensible Muslims, such as the ones who would be trying to distance themselves from these people? Why do they want us to think they're all alien? I know there are rational ones out there, but I just can't see them through the media. Darn you, Rupert Murdoch.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I was saying what I believe the poster meant, in different words. He could also think that, in order to effectively defy extremist, journalistic publications should not censor such images when they become news items, and perhaps even print an image of Mohammed themselves so that Muslim countries cannot attempt to economically pressure any single media group/country without attempting to censor/boycott all of them. I remember what happened to Denmark, and the cowardice of many media groups in response, and I personally agree with all of these possible meanings.
    I'm quoting myself to illustrate my point; Islamist blackmail and threats have once again succeeded because so few people are willing to defend free speech, leaving the "offenders" vulnerable to vigilante violence and government coercion.

Pakistani court lifts ban on Facebook - Yahoo! News