User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Default Woman sues phone company for exposing her affair.

Toronto woman sues Rogers after her affair is exposed - thestar.com

A Toronto woman says the billing practices of Rogers Wireless Inc. led to her husband discovering her extramarital affair.

Now the woman, whose husband walked out, is suing the communications giant for $600,000 for alleged invasion of privacy and breach of contract, the results of which she says have ruined her life.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It looks like she has a legitimate complaint.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    SEXY

Yeah, the woman is probably right, Roger should never have placed all services under one contract if they were in different names. Having worked for two phone companies myself, I've come across my share of jealous exes. When in doubt, just don't...

That said, the woman cannot morally justify her action. She cheated on him, he left, her problem.
    (removed)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my phone bill arrives with a list of calls and texts that I have sent and received- I don't really feel like my privacy is invaded by it... nobody really cares

she should have been smarter and purchased a prepaid phone for her affair since bills of that sort are bound to get mixed up and she should have realized that was a risk :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

What are her damages? Emotional? Give me a break.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It looks like she has a legitimate complaint.
    Not IMO. She was married, therefore has no right to the expectation of privacy from her husband. They mailed a bill to their home he opened it, she got busted. Sure they may have made an administrative error by bundling her account to the rest of the households bills, but seriously to use that as grounds to hold them responsible for her husband leaving. Bit of a stretch to me.

It amounts to her saying "I was doing such a good job cheating that he would've never found out if it weren't for you guys, and your dog too." If I had to bet the courts will rule something to the effect of, "if you weren't doing anything you weren't supposed to this wouldn't be an issue. Tough titties."
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The woman can hardly blame the corporation for the damaging effects of her affair, and I don't feel sorry for her about that at all. It's inaccurate for her to say the corporation ruined her life.

But it is true from what the article said that the company had some dubiously slack information keeping. In fact, they seemed to drop the ball in a number of ways.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Nagy is deeply embarrassed and ashamed about what happened. “It was a mistake,” she said of the affair. “But I didn’t deserve to lose my life over it.”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

she's a ghost! :horor:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Not IMO. She was married, therefore has no right to the expectation of privacy from her husband. They mailed a bill to their home he opened it, she got busted. Sure they may have made an administrative error by bundling her account to the rest of the households bills, but seriously to use that as grounds to hold them responsible for her husband leaving. Bit of a stretch to me.

It amounts to her saying "I was doing such a good job cheating that he would've never found out if it weren't for you guys, and your dog too." If I had to bet the courts will rule something to the effect of, "if you weren't doing anything you weren't supposed to this wouldn't be an issue. Tough titties."
    I agree. It's just common sense that legally everything is shared between a married couple...especially bills. One of the original definitions of husband means "keeper of finances." Marriage is not only an emotional contract, but a legal and financial one. Duh. She sounds as though she's angry about getting caught, and I think she's about as emotionally mature as a child.