User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post

What is wrong with our society that we eschew personal responsibility and look to make an easy buck off of those we deem more privileged than we. Gone are the days of Robert E. Lee who even facing bankruptcy after his defeat in the Civil War refused to let a Northern Insurance Company pay him a stipend for the use of his name because he refused to accept money that he had not earned? That seems like insanity today, but it was the mark of a gentleman back in the day.
    Samuel Clemens rather than declare bankruptcy paid back all of his debts an even paid back welfare to the gov't too if I'm not mistaken.

Different era. *sticks hand out*
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    First: Ontario has no specific privacy laws. Rogers is liable to protect her privacy under PIPEDA (federal law) and contractually via its own privacy policies. (PIPEDA is the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act in Canada.)

Second: Being married in no way, shape or form legally makes two people into "one" person.

Third: Her moral infidelity is irrelevant to Roger's corporate responsibilities to maintain her privacy.

The BIG question is would she have sued if she hadn't been doing something "immoral". Cheating is not illegal after all, but the big issue of settlement will likely hinge on whether or not a jury feels she wouldn't have sued if she hadn't been "misbehaving" in the first place.

As far as maintaining her privacy, it looks 100% crystal clear that Rogers failed to uphold both their own privacy policy and her rights under PIPEDA.

Not sure what the outcome of that will be.
    Marriage is a legally binding contract.
    Cheating in a marriage is technically illegal. It falls under breach of contract. It's not criminal ,but it's not legal either.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ do you not see that's not the point here, though?

I'm not condoning her behavior ... but do you think that even though she has done something immoral that she has lost her other rights? That the cell phone company is somehow no longer obligated to their own policies, and those of the government?

Do people have trouble separating these issues from each other?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ do you not see that's not the point here, though?

I'm not condoning her behavior ... but do you think that even though she has done something immoral that she has lost her other rights? That the cell phone company is somehow no longer obligated to their own policies, and those of the government?

Do people have trouble separating these issues from each other?
    Oh yeah.. I just didn't really want to go there,, I am Canadian eh? and have dealt with Rogers and Bell enough that it's amazing I can still walk straight.

Bell and Rogers do what they want. They are by far the most annoying aspect of being an Ontario resident. They are rude and obnoxious. They are bullies who have a monopoly and they know it.
    I hope she wins just to see Rogers lose its precious money.
    I do not condone her actions.. but let he who has no sin cast the first stone kind of thing..

I was just being a fusspot and pointing out the legalities of marriage. Sorry

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ apologies are not necessary. I hear you.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INxJ

Is it common for this company to send an itemized "global" bill to all homes? If so, then I see nothing wrong with this. The company didn't ruin her life, her very own actions did.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Just food for thought. But, how do you know someone is married at all except the last names lending to it? I live in the same house as my parents, use the same companies for my phone, insurance, etc. They have never once attempted to lump my bills together with my parents just because "We're family."

Just like teachers shouldn't take it upon themselves to drop students out of their classes in college, so too should phone companies not ASSUME they want their bills lumped together. If they had phoned the woman attempting to find out if she wanted the bills combined, and the man answered and found out that way, I would say she has no argument. But she does have a legit argument.

I think cheating is one of the most disgusting, morally wrong things someone can do in a relationship.. but that doesn't change the fact that the phone company has no business assuming they want anything shared. What if they had been seperated? I'd be pissed if I couldn't get to my bills without talking to my crappy husband I'm seperated from.. I can only imagine the god-awful arguments and potential back-stabbing things that could happen..

Anyways. She's a crooked sonofaslut, but she has a legit complaint. It's important to note that just because she COULD have gotten caught at some other time in her life.. you can't use arguments like that in court. If it weren't for the billing company assuming, she wouldn't have been caught that way. You have to take the clients as they are. You can't say, "Well, I know I caused him to flip out, but he could have done that at ANY time!" The law doesn't work like that.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

The lady should sue herself for being an idiotic coward, piece of crap.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

If she wins the case, would any of the lovely females on this forum like to get hitched to an adulterous, extremely young and possibly sexy male? The effort will bring profit, I promise you that.

I'm willing to go 50/50. You bring your half and I'll bring mine.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

figsfiggyfigs

YA rogers is a complete pain in the ass, They have a lot of privacy issues. I even had to put a verbal password on my account cause someone was trying to access it. and every time I call, they don't even bother asking me for my password, they just ask for general information that anyone that knows me would know. and then I can do what ever I want with my account.

Their employees are IDIOTS.

if the contract is under HER NAME, then it should legally mean it is hers, and he has nothing to do with it.

she is also an idiot for having an affair.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Is it common for this company to send an itemized "global" bill to all homes? If so, then I see nothing wrong with this. The company didn't ruin her life, her very own actions did.

If they sent the bill to her house, in the case that she has assigned her house as place of delivery, then it is, indeed, her fault and not the companies.