Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    She's looking for someone to blame, but the only person responsible here is the one in the mirror.
    Personal responsibility ftw.

I dont think this should be entertained, I wish there was some sort of penalty for even bringing cases like this, both for the law firm and their client. I'd say if there was there'd be a lot less of this, personal irresponsibility may not disappear as a result but at least the people trying to get money on the back of it would be driven broke.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The company obviously did something wrong. The woman's cell phone account was personal, solely hers and was in her maiden name, while the other services were solely in the name of the husband. What the phone company did was no different than sending two roommates one bill combining their services without permission. They probably broke some kind of privacy rule.
    It's very different because they were married, legally the same person, not just two roommates. Did they know that? Probably not. But it doesn't change the fact that once she sets foot in court seeking damages, the fact that she was married eliminates her expectation of privacy. If your roommate opens your mail it's a big deal, if your spouse does, not so much. I reiterate, even if they didn't fuck up, nothing was stopping him from one day deciding to open her separate bill himself. Nothing at all. Her argument is baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Personal responsibility ftw.
    One of the few times it actually applies unequivocally.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Again you have no right to the expectation of privacy from your spouse. Legally you two are the same person.
    WTF are you talking about?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It it were the US, this would be a violation of CPNI regs. Not sure about Canada and their rules for telecom, but the national laws in Canada are stronger than the US, so yeah, this is likely a violation of law. I can't imagine why it is so "unprecedented" as the article states because this kind of thing happens with the telcos all the time.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    WTF are you talking about?
    Way to jump in the conversation and miss the IMO part, lawyer man... You take your show way too seriously...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

It's very different because they were married, legally the same person, not just two roommates. Did they know that? Probably not. But it doesn't change the fact that once she sets foot in court seeking damages, the fact that she was married eliminates her expectation of privacy.
    Actually, it's not different at all. You admit yourself that the phone company probably didn't know they weren't roommates. Isn't that the crux of the issue? The phone company combined the accounts of people with different surnames but the same address. That's a breach of privacy.

I don't know where you are getting the idea that when you are married you are legally the same person. Does that mean that if I'm married and my wife has a driver's license but I don't I can drive? Does it mean that if I'm a doctor my wife can prescribe medicine? If my wife is convicted of a crime, do I go to jail? Your argument doesn't hold up.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Way to jump in the conversation and miss the IMO part, lawyer man... You take your show way too seriously...
    *spews dinner all over keyboard*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

IMO you shouldn't use "IMO" and "legally" in the same sentence.

IMO using "IMO" doesn't mean you get to rewrite reality.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    IMO you shouldn't use "IMO" and "legally" in the same sentence.

IMO using "IMO" doesn't mean you get to rewrite reality.
    I kind of agree. Unless you're a justice, your opinion is valueless. The concept of law works on the fact not everyone is entitled to interpret the law in their own way.

A casual opinion has so little relevance here that it's almost like saying that in your opinion gravity is stronger than nuclear force.
    Go to sleep, iguana.