User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    IsTP

Aiyana Jones: Evidence of Police Cover-Up in Shooting of 7-Year-Old - BV Black Spin

An independent autopsy was done, showing that Aiyana was shot through the top of the head, and not through the neck, as police originally claimed. This finding supports the family's claim that Jones was sleeping on the couch when the raid took place...

The attorney is also arguing that the video from the reality TV show being shot during the raid shows that the shots were taken from the front porch and not inside the house. Police originally stated that the girl's grandmother struggled with officers as they entered the home, causing the gun to accidentally discharge.

"When officers entered the house, she was already shot," said Fieger. "It's also clear there is no time for a scuffle."

The second autopsy had results that differed from those released by the Wayne County medical examiner, who originally listed the child's cause of death to be a gunshot wound through the neck.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Oberon

I believe that, in cases like this, the person who fired the gun should receive the same punishment that a non-police-officer would receive for the same actions.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I believe that, in cases like this, the person who fired the gun should receive the same punishment that a non-police-officer would receive for the same actions.
    Agreed. Cops seem to always get a pass when they kill someone who was no threat to them by claiming they didn't know said person wasn't a threat or thought they could be.

1) Reality TV cameras have no business going on a police raid, especially with children involved. This breeds a cowboy-like atmosphere and creates what my friend calls "Hollywood cops." It may have been the case that officers felt this was going to be an easy raid, and that the A&E film crew could get some good footage in the process. It is understandable that a city as economically challenged as Detroit might consider making some extra money by being on television, but this quest for a little extra cash may cost them big money in a civil lawsuit.

2) Proper police surveillance should have led the officers to know that a child was in the house. My friend, who is also an officer, described the intricate and substantial work police often go through in order to prepare for a raid. He said that they would sometimes spend days staking out the home of a suspect to ensure that they know who's inside the home, where the rooms are located and what might happen when they enter. It appears to be the case that the Detroit police didn't do their homework or perhaps didn't have the resources to pay for necessary surveillance.

3) The use of a flash-bang grenade appears to be uncalled for, especially with children present. One wonders if the use of the grenade was driven by a desire to impress the TV cameras. There are a multitude of ways to get a suspect out of a home, and a grenade is not the only method available for officers to use. The loud noise and spark from the grenade can burn innocent bystanders, and it angers me that this weapon was tossed anywhere near the place where a child was sleeping.
    Hopefully these points prevail, especially #2.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Conflicting autopsies... Wow.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...