User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Do you think the child was shot because some cop wanted to prove a point? Do you think it could have been a legitimate and tragic accident?

Whether it was the fault of the 46 year old woman or the cop - I think the consensus was that it was an accident.
    Accident as in the cop discharged the gun accidentally, or that he hit the girl accidentally when he fired into the house unprovoked and on purpose?

If the latter is true, the cop is done. He's already on administrative leave.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Accident as in the cop discharged the gun accidentally, or that he hit the girl accidentally when he fired into the house unprovoked and on purpose?

If the latter is true, the cop is done. He's already on administrative leave.
    We don't know... Cop was being wrestled from reports.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Do you think the child was shot because some cop wanted to prove a point? Do you think it could have been a legitimate and tragic accident?

Whether it was the fault of the 46 year old woman or the cop - I think the consensus was that it was an accident.

And yes, someone should definitely be held accountable, but I don't see how that was an abuse of power. The DA asked for the warrant, and the courts gave it to them. It wasn't like the cops were in a conspiracy to kill a little girl.
    I would consider throwing a flash grenade into a home where children were likely to be present and no hostage situation had been reported unnecessary force. The unnecessary force and possible carelessness resulted in what was likely a preventable accident. Using unnecessary force, IMO would constitute an abuse of power.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

The little girl was possibly hit and burned by the grenade that was fired into the house before she was shot. A murder suspect is not a murderer under the law. This type of stuff is prevented all the time, in other neighborhoods.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    We don't know... Cop was being wrestled from reports.
    From the cop reports. The video A&E shot reportedly shows the cop firing from the porch with no one around him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I would consider throwing a flash grenade into a home where children were likely to be present and no hostage situation had been reported unnecessary force. The unnecessary force and possible carelessness resulted in what was likely a preventable accident. Using unnecessary force, IMO would constitute an abuse of power.
    Precisely. And that abuse of power would be compounded if the footage from the A&E show supports the assertion that the police report of the incident is false.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    That's right - you would consider it to be that way. And that's the point. We have no idea what kind of situation they were prepping for. They may have had reason to believe that this alleged murderer was part of a gang or some sort of criminal organization and this was their hideout. We have no idea what the intel was on this. So our considerations don't matter because we don't have all the facts.

Having a child present doesn't mean that the people aren't dangerous. In fact, it means that they are even more dangerous for exposing children to that lifestyle. And if they knew of, and were harboring, the other child killer then they have absolutely no regard for the safety of any child, not just their own.

Or this could have been one trigger happy cop that deserves the worst that the law can throw at him. But until the facts are presented, we really don't know anything. So I can't be outraged just yet.

But I'm still sad about that little girl.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

That's right - you would consider it to be that way. And that's the point. We have no idea what kind of situation they were prepping for. They may have had reason to believe that this alleged murderer was part of a gang or some sort of criminal organization and this was their hideout. We have no idea what the intel was on this. So our considerations don't matter because we don't have all the facts.
    And my point is, whatever their intel was, it was wrong. They suck at their jobs. No, they probably didn't deliberately try to kill the child, but they put her in danger simply due to their presence.

Having a child present doesn't mean that the people aren't dangerous. In fact, it means that they are even more dangerous for exposing children to that lifestyle. And if they knew of, and were harboring, the other child killer then they have absolutely no regard for the safety of any child, not just their own.
    Based on what I read, the suspect wasn't even in the apartment with child. How can someone protect their children if cops can barge into your home just because a murder suspect lives nearby? That sounds like a violation of the 4th amendment to me, regardless of whether some idiot judge gave them a warrant. Judges are not infallible.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    It's a shitty job that isn't black and white and it's almost like you have to walk on pins and needles due to the nature of the work and the fact that you're dealing with delicate situations on a daily basis. Mistakes will be made continuously, no matter how good your planning and intentions are. It's counter-productive if all the icky details are disseminated to the public though, no? Unfortunately you can't always trust man, but I think ideally it should be left up to internal to deal with the dirt that's scraped up... A necessary evil, if you will. Riots break out over things like this, despite it being a situation that went terribly wrong and possibly/likely with no ill intent involved. People lose trust in an organization that's there to keep peace and protect because of mistakes made. I think it's better to avoid that, if at all possible.
    The militarization of police raids is a HUGE problem, and it has been getting worse for the past 30 years.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

^That is something I'd like to learn more about.