MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever see that video.
    I agree with you, Beat. I'm sure it was a very unfortunate accident. But someone does need to be held accountable.

That poor family. I feel terrible for them.

I still want to know how they were connected to the suspect, though.
    They live in the apartment beneath where the cops thought he might be, if I understand correctly.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

He said Charles Jones, the father of the slain girl, lives at one apartment, and the murder suspect was arrested in the other apartment in the home.

From The Detroit News: Crime show taped Detroit raid that led to 7-year-old's death | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    It's awful. Looks like they were being taped and did dumb things like throw in a grenade for a search warrant. Sad.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    They live in the apartment beneath where the cops thought he might be, if I understand correctly.
    But they had a warrant for both places?

MBTI
    ISTx

You do realize they were dealing with a murder suspect though? Precautions are going to be taken to give law enforcement the upper hand as not to be caught in a snare of any sort. I know to an onlooker, your average civilian is thinking "stun grenades! kicked in doors?!"... That's how it's dealt with in situations such as this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    But they had a warrant for both places?
    I wonder how picky they'd be if it was the same street address with just a different apartment number.

Say they happened to have shot the dad instead of the little girl and the dad had a criminal history or an outstanding warrant and A&E hadn't been there. We would have never have heard about it at all.

I bet they are loosey-goosey with the details in certain neighborhoods.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    You do realize they were dealing with a murder suspect though? Precautions are going to be taken to give law enforcement the upper hand as not to be caught in a snare of any sort. I know to an onlooker, your average civilian is thinking "stun grenades! kicked in doors?!"... That's how it's dealt with in situations such as this.
    Throwing grenades into front windows isn't normal protocol in this situation reportedly, especially when the neighbors told the police there were children in the house, and police didn't report provocation.

The police might have been playing to the cameras, showing extra bravado. We'll see.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Well, you'd think the police would do a little research to figure out a way to arrest the suspect without putting children in danger. But it seems that isn't even on their radar. They're only sorry after the fact.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

this is extraordinarily upsetting
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I wonder how picky they'd be if it was the same street address with just a different apartment number.

Say they happened to have shot the dad instead of the little girl and the dad had a criminal history or an outstanding warrant and A&E hadn't been there. We would have never have heard about it at all.

I just wanted to understand if they had the right to even be in that apartment, and why they thought the suspect would be there.

MBTI
    ISTx

It's a shitty job that isn't black and white and it's almost like you have to walk on pins and needles due to the nature of the work and the fact that you're dealing with delicate situations on a daily basis. Mistakes will be made continuously, no matter how good your planning and intentions are. It's counter-productive if all the icky details are disseminated to the public though, no? Unfortunately you can't always trust man, but I think ideally it should be left up to internal to deal with the dirt that's scraped up... A necessary evil, if you will. Riots break out over things like this, despite it being a situation that went terribly wrong and possibly/likely with no ill intent involved. People lose trust in an organization that's there to keep peace and protect because of mistakes made. I think it's better to avoid that, if at all possible.