What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    No, I mean—

If you're going to go so far as to engage in terrorism to get your phat house, then the government is getting off cheap by giving you what you want.
    Unless I want the White House.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This was the debate on the radio the other day, a former government official had to play devils advocate and argue against his own policies, I havent made up my mind for sure but I do think that terrorists and politicians alike try to control the media and coverage of crimes and atrocities.
    Politicians and terrorist are alot alike.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Politicians and terrorist are alot alike.
    Sometimes they try to manipulate the media the same but I dont think the likeness goes much further.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Sometimes they try to manipulate the media the same but I dont think the likeness goes much further.
    yup, they are attention whores

Smile The Library and the Noosphere

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What is the definition of logic?
    There's sequential, linear logic.

And then there is the logic of the gestalt.

Sequential, linear logic is visible to us because we take it for granted in a book, which is written in sequential, linear sentences.

And sequential, linear sentences lead to the hierarchy of paragraphs, chapters, books and libraries of books.

Whereas gestalt happens all at once at the speed of light.

Take Google for instance. Google no longer follows sequential, linear logic. Indeed Google no longer organises information into libraries.

So sequential, linear logic gives us the library, while the logic of the gestalt gives us the noosphere.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What is the definition of logic?
    For those who live in an ideological society that denies its history and even its language, logic is the logic of ideas.

But because their ideology has no basis in history or even their own language, they must constantly keep on the move. And movement is their leitmotif. And they must constantly keep moving, for if they stop moving, they die.

The best and brightest of their children see and hear the leitmotif from the moment they are born, and so carry out this cultural imperative like good children.

And being the best and brightest, they carry it out so well, they carry it out too well, right into Attention Deficit Disorder.

But all they are is the tip of a Disordered Society. We can see it in their movies that lack art and character development but have great production values.

And all this is purely logical. It is the logic of an ideological society. It is the logic of ideas.

It is the logic of movement. The logic of the pursuit of happiness, never found.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

There is no way you can simply iqnore terrorist. The mere notion is stupid. Iqnoring them will eventually lead them to even greater measure's, which would result in far worse event's in comparison to actively dealing with them. You cannot really remove an effect by iqnoring it's cause, you have to deal cause inorder to eliminate the undesired effect. Simple enough.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."