User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 152

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Thumbs down Muslims attack cartoonist.

    Muslim students have attacked the cartoonist Lars Vilks at Uppsala University, Sweden.

    Universities depend on free speech, just as liberal democracy depends on free speech. So the open, public attack on Lars Vilks is a direct attack on free speech.

    This is understandable as Islam cannot thrive in an environment of free speech. So free speech is a direct attack on Islam, and naturally the Muslims respond, not with reasoned argument, but with violence as the Koran commands.

    So by violently attacking the cartoonist, Lars Vilks, Muslims are simply being good Muslims as the Koran commands.

    The good Muslims remind me of the good Germans in the 30s and 40s right down to their anti-semitism.

    To witness the attack just click on -

    YouTube - Muhammad cartoonist Lars Vilks undaunted after new Islamists attack (Sweden Stockholm)

  2. #2
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    You appear to be obsessed with Muslims, Victor, and mortally afraid that they are all engaged in some sort of plot to bring Western society to its knees. Have you ever met or interacted with any, or do you just get all your information from scaremongering news reports?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  3. #3
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    You know, sometimes you say something good, Victor. It's rare, but you do.
    This Abrahamite religious crap is getting out of hand.
    Islam isn't the only problem, either. But perhaps the major one.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Oh jeeze... The only thing that video; and this thread prove, is that there are good and bad in all types. You can't really expect everything to be sunshine and lolly-pops all the time...

    Speaking of, it's been raining.. I could go for some sunshine, and a lolly-pop!
    Ty Victor

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    You appear to be obsessed with Muslims, Victor, and mortally afraid that they are all engaged in some sort of plot to bring Western society to its knees. Have you ever met or interacted with any, or do you just get all your information from scaremongering news reports?
    I helped found and fund the Muslim Students' Society at the Australian National University.

    I have read the Koran and the Hadith and attended many meetings of Muslims on the campus of the Australian National University.

    And as well I worked for the Australian Department of Immigration and Ethnic Affairs assisting Muslims to migrate to Australia.

    And I fully support Government funded Multiculturalism in Australia.

    However the Australian Federal Police keep on arresting groups of Muslim men preparing and planning to murder large numbers of their fellow Australians.

    We have many such cases brought before our Criminal Courts, where of course they are innocent until proven guilty. But the juries do return convictions of guilty and the judge sentences them to long prison terms.

    But what is interesting is that these would be mass murderers show no remorse nor do they accept the legitimacy of our Criminal Courts.

    And our sensitive Government buildings in Canberra all have reinforced concrete walls around them now to prevent car bomb attacks by Muslims.

    But sooner or later one of these groups will get through and commit mass murder.

    As I write our Prime Minister, at the invitation of the US President, has joined the largest group of world leaders since the founding of the United Nations, to stop these mass murderers from getting their hands on a nuclear weapon and exploding it in our cities.

  6. #6
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    However the Australian Federal Police keep on arresting groups of Muslim men preparing and planning to murder large numbers of their fellow Australians.

    We have many such cases brought before our Criminal Courts, where of course they are innocent until proven guilty. But the juries do return convictions of guilty and the judge sentences them to long prison terms.
    Any facts to back up your assertion that this is a very frequent occurence?

    I don't know the Australian situation, but I do know that in Britain the government has recently passed ludicrously draconian anti-terrorism legislation that itself constitutes an attack on the freedom of speech, and many prosecutions, and consequent harsh sentences, have taken place under it of people who simply did not pose a realistic threat. A handful of genuine terrorists or terrorist agitators have been prosecuted, but most were at worst sympathisers who didn't have any more sense than to go around expressing their opinions or showing an interest in terrorist material. The genuine terrorists with a capacity and intent to do real damage would have been dealt with equally effectively under previous and long established laws. Any recent rise in prosecutions has to take into account the repressive and anti-democratic new ones. But then, as I said, I'm not familiar with the Australian situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But what is interesting is that these would be mass murderers show no remorse nor do they accept the legitimacy of our Criminal Courts.
    Not really surprising actually.


    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    As I write our Prime Minister, at the invitation of the US President, has joined the largest group of world leaders since the founding of the United Nations, to stop these mass murderers from getting their hands on a nuclear weapon and exploding it in our cities.
    By "nuclear weapon" do you mean a dirty bomb, as in a relatively small conventional bomb capable of contaminating an area with radioactive isotopes? I hardly think that terrorists are anywhere near being in a position to either obtain, manufacture or detonate a genuine nuclear device.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  7. #7
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile

    I take my cue from the President of the United States, Barack Obama, who has just convened the largest group of world leaders, since the founding of the United Nations, to address the threat of Islamic nuclear terrorism.

    Just click on -

    YouTube - Washington Summit to Discuss Nuclear Terrorism

  8. #8
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Muslim students have attacked the cartoonist Lars Vilks at Uppsala University, Sweden.

    Universities depend on free speech, just as liberal democracy depends on free speech. So the open, public attack on Lars Vilks is a direct attack on free speech.



    So by violently attacking the cartoonist, Lars Vilks, Muslims are simply being good Muslims as the Koran commands.




    Silly me, looking for facts and reasoned arguments from Victor. Instead he responds with a link featuring a politician playing to the gallery.

    Bad Victor

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is understandable as Islam cannot thrive in an environment of free speech. So free speech is a direct attack on Islam, and naturally the Muslims respond, not with reasoned argument, but with violence as the Koran commands.
    So c'mon, Victor, let's see some reasoned argument since you seem to believe in it so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The good Muslims remind me of the good Germans in the 30s and 40s right down to their anti-semitism.
    An interesting comparison, given the significance of anti-terrorism legislation and scaremongering propaganda, accusing the Jews of being a threat to the state and existing way of life, in consolidating Nazi power and turning the majority against the Jewish population. And let's not forget that the Muslims are a small minority in all Western countries.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  9. #9
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Not "Muslims attack cartoonist". More like "two extremists attack cartoonist".

    Anyway what's the agenda for this post? I am sure there are islamophobic attacks every day in Australia which you aren't posting about.

    An interesting comparison, given the significance of anti-terrorism legislation and scaremongering propaganda, accusing the Jews of being a threat to the state and existing way of life, in consolidating Nazi power and turning the majority against the Jewish population. And let's not forget that the Muslims are a small minority in all Western countries.
    Well said!

    Plus there are some pretty horrible Jewish texts too. Victor seems like the type who would have been moralizing about these in 1930's Germany.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  10. #10
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    I read this a while back: Where Are All the Terrorist Attacks? It seems fairly relevant to the subject at hand.

    Schneier's basic contention is simple: if terrorism is so prevalent why aren't there more terrorist atrocities?

    If what Victor is saying is correct, they'd be happening at an astonishing rate. After all, it's easy enough to cobble together home-made nail bombs; even going berserk with a knife would be relatively easy and cheap.

    But Victor gladly pays his tax dollars (as we all do) to support fantastically expensive security infrastructures to protect us against a handful of amateur terrorist wannabes who happen to call themselves Muslim.


    Fantastic analysis, Victor. It's always better if you imbed a few loonies acting up on utube.

    Keep up the astounding work!

Similar Threads

  1. is it possible to be a peaceful muslim?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
  2. Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  3. Conservative attacks on health confirmed
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
  4. "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" to be remade...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO