User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 152

  1. #41
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    I don't understand how people generalize and define an entire religion by the religiously-extremist minority.

    I agree with tcda.

  2. #42
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    You appear to be obsessed with Muslims, Victor, and mortally afraid that they are all engaged in some sort of plot to bring Western society to its knees.
    Oh he rants like this about everybody....well except Australians! :rolli:

  3. #43
    Senior Member JHBowden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Posts
    201

    Default

    tcda--

    The entire spectacle is amusing; it is as if progressives, being the self-loathing masochists that they are, desperately need sadists to punish them. They believe the worst about their friends, while believing the best about their enemies, precisely because they're just too smart to believe in friends and enemies.

    I don't care if Muslim supremacism is packaged in moderate or extremist language and behavior. Muslim supremacists themselves are what you should find offensive, since Muslim supremacism is offensive. A polite theocracy is still a theocracy. Those students ought to be expelled, just as communist radicals causing campus ruckus in the 60s deserved expulsion. But the confused progressives really believe they're encouraging "democratic" behavior, like the confused Swede professor at the end of the video above.

    The assumption that only a minority of Muslims are acting up reinforces my argument. Why bend over backwards to accommodate a minority of zealots? Why not deport them? This is the same contradiction found in issues like Afghanistan and Iraq-- if the majority of Iraqis are sane, for instance, then progressives are complete douchebags for being cool with a crazy minority in charge terrorizing everyone else, when there is a realistic alternative available.

  4. #44
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Christian militia terrorists in U.S. charged in plot against police officers

    It's far from "just muslims". Though muslim religion encourages such slightly more than christianity does, they both have issues with this.

    Religious extremes lead to extreme behaviour, including terrorism.

    Moderation in all things is still a requirement, even in religion. This isn't about muslims, it's about people using their religion as an excuse to enact upon such behaviour. Trust me, if they were christian, they'd have done the same thing to someone else with a different excuse. They WANT to hurt people, and they're going to do so, regardless.

    And they won't feel remorse or pity because they are RIGHT, at least in their own minds. And noone can tell them different.

    They don't need to have yeu showing mohummad in a cartoon, they just need an excuse, and they're looking for one, and their religion is merely the excuse that happens to make them think they'll get away with it.

  5. #45
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Plus there are some pretty horrible Jewish texts too.
    Which ones?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  6. #46
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    A common mistake for the less well-informed to make mind you; I often get the impression the aforesaid Israeli state and its supporters have a vested interest in confounding the popular unnderstanding of the term "anti-semitism" with any opposition to their particular form of Zionist extremism. Apparently they hope that the resulting implications of prejudice and guilt by association will silence the criticism.
    Broadly speaking, you're right. I've seen this situation too many times, and have been regularly accused of anti-Semitism simply because I support the pacifist association Shalom Arshav -"Peace now!"-. (La Paix Maintenant - Pr)

    But fact is that the videos provided here ARE a genuine display of Anti-Semitism.

    Don't be naive: many true Anti-Semitic militants often hide under the pretense of condemning Israeli policies. And here, when someone compares Israel to Nazi Germany and asks for its total obliteration, I'm sorry but this is obviously an Anti-Semitic Hate speech, it's far beyond any possible "normal" discussion.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  7. #47
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh he rants like this about everybody....well except Australians! :rolli:
    Well... he spares France too!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  8. #48
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    In any case, I was responding to your claim that Muslims are more violent and bigoted than other peoples, when the facts point to the opposite conclusion.
    Are you pretending that Islam actually is a more peaceful religion than others?

    ---

    What I don't like here, Tcda, is that you're behaving exactly like the people you're trying to condemn. You're projecting generalizations and stereotypes.

    JHBowden is doing so. Victor is doing so. But you're also doing so.

    Hence, the debate is impossible.

    We have a saying in French to describe this kind of situation: we call it a "deaf people's dialogue".
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  9. #49
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Which ones?
    The curse of Ham, for example.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  10. #50
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    tcda--

    The entire spectacle is amusing; it is as if progressives, being the self-loathing masochists that they are, desperately need sadists to punish them. They believe the worst about their friends, while believing the best about their enemies, precisely because they're just too smart to believe in friends and enemies.

    I don't care if Muslim supremacism is packaged in moderate or extremist language and behavior. Muslim supremacists themselves are what you should find offensive, since Muslim supremacism is offensive. A polite theocracy is still a theocracy. Those students ought to be expelled, just as communist radicals causing campus ruckus in the 60s deserved expulsion. But the confused progressives really believe they're encouraging "democratic" behavior, like the confused Swede professor at the end of the video above.

    The assumption that only a minority of Muslims are acting up reinforces my argument. Why bend over backwards to accommodate a minority of zealots? Why not deport them? This is the same contradiction found in issues like Afghanistan and Iraq-- if the majority of Iraqis are sane, for instance, then progressives are complete douchebags for being cool with a crazy minority in charge terrorizing everyone else, when there is a realistic alternative available.
    1.) Let's not equate legitimate protest against Israel with Islamist extremism. The majority of people in the world see Israel as a terror state, and the majority of people are not Islamists.

    2.) Your argument: "if Islamists are such a small minority then why should we bend over backwards for the"? I think it's the wrong way round. The question is why should we accept controls on civil liberties and trillions spent on wars and "defence", all to attack a small minority which poses no serious threat and is basically acting defensively?

    3.) We should not: there are economic and political interests behind this, and "terrorism" is the bogeyman to excuse them.

    4.) I don't know which "progressives" you are talking about who are cool with a "crazy minority" in charge terrorizing everyone else. The US "war on terror" was aimed at replacing hostile dictatorships withfriendly ones with a mass cost of lives and money; and with threatening dictatorships like Gadaffi and the Ba'athists in Syria so that they would become more pliant to US interests.

    5.) This is a classic example of a "crazy minority" - precisely, the US establishment - terrorizing the rest of the world, and this is what progressives must stand against and stand for the defeat of.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Similar Threads

  1. is it possible to be a peaceful muslim?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
  2. Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  3. Conservative attacks on health confirmed
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
  4. "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" to be remade...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO