User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 152

  1. #31
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    [QUOTE=ElizaJane;1164443]
    What are you talking about? I'm not trying to fight with you or personally insult you.
    I find your Islamophobia dangerous and insulting, whatever your intentions are.

    I'm saying that Victor has a point that when Muslims do this sort of thing, they're taking advantage of free speech. They're both abusing it for themselves and trying to squelch it for their opponents.
    What do you mean "muslims"? Some people on all sides in any dispute try to take advantage of free speech for themselves and stop it for others.

    The week is put on by the Muslim Student Union every year, and it is called many things by themselves and the press, one of them being Anti-Semitism Week. During this week they splatter red paint on Israel's flag, say things like "[Isreal's] days are numbered,"
    That is not anti-semitic. Many Jews agree with this sentiment.

    and corner Jewish students.
    Given your record of lying, again, I don't believe you. Most likely they had a confrontation with Zionist students (NOT synonymous with "Jewish") who came to confront them, and both sides gave as good as they got.

    I have seen this happen before, and be falsely reported in the way you reported it.

    However even if it did happen - what is your point? How does it prove Muslims are any more bigotted than any other people? What about the daily attacks against against Muslims in Israel and the west?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  2. #32
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default



    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I think that the issue is that the institutions like the media and universities are so grossly biased towards particular interests, that those people on the recieving end of these interests are forced to take drastic measures to make their point.
    You think this will create sympathy for your cause? The other side can and will do the same if this sort of disruption is tolerated. Civilized discourse will be replaced with mob confrontations. Your group will lose out because, as you said, you are outnumbered.

  4. #34
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    You think this will create sympathy for your cause? The other side can and will do the same if this sort of disruption is tolerated. Civilized discourse will be replaced with mob confrontations. Your group will lose out because, as you said, you are outnumbered.
    Civilized discourse was never on the cards. Israel itself likes to refer to the concept "facts on the ground", meaning that while UN resolutions garuantee the Palestinains the right to return to their homeland, while the settlements in the occupied territories are illegal, etc., what really matters is brute force.

    As for "outnumbered", I don't know what you mean. In fact those with an interest in maintaining this butchery are a small minority.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  5. #35
    Member ElizaJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post

    I find your Islamophobia dangerous and insulting, whatever your intentions are.
    I don't consider myself Islamophobic. I've heard this term wrongly used to describe people who have concerns about radical Muslims. Keyword, radical. No, I don't like "Death to Israel" chants, and I wouldn't like them with any other country inserted. I'm not trying to speak for Jews in my posts either.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    while UN resolutions garuantee the Palestinains the right to return to their homeland, while the settlements in the occupied territories are illegal, etc., what really matters is brute force.
    What is your objective? Do you believe that disrupting presentations at a American universities will cause Israel to give in? Mob disruptions like those are public relation gifts to your opponents.

  7. #37
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    I got to say, that's some good trolling on Vilks' part.


  8. #38
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    I don't consider myself Islamophobic. I've heard this term wrongly used to describe people who have concerns about radical Muslims. Keyword, radical.
    Well then why did you keep referring to "Muslims" in general, and agreeing with people who cliam this is a specifically Muslim problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    What is your objective? Do you believe that disrupting presentations at a American universities will cause Israel to give in? Mob disruptions like those are public relation gifts to your opponents.
    You say this, but for people living under opression, in Israel or elsewhere, it is very heartening to see that their oppressors get hounded wherever they go. this is not jsut the case with Israel, it is the case with all such regimes.

    as for winnign popular support in the west, I don't believe that the majority of people are destined to always oppose radical methods. The question is articulating a common strategy which also deals with their concerns (and seeing how the same interests who are screwing over the Palestinians and the whole "third world" have now brought the US into its worst depression for over 70 years, this is both possible and necessarry).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  9. #39
    Member ElizaJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Well then why did you keep referring to "Muslims" in general, and agreeing with people who cliam this is a specifically Muslim problem?
    I would assume that people reading this know I'm referring to the Muslims who attacked the cartoonist and who are involved in the recent events at UCI. But I do see your point, and I'll use the term "radical" when referring to them.

  10. #40
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaJane View Post
    I would assume that people reading this know I'm referring to the Muslims who attacked the cartoonist and who are involved in the recent events at UCI.
    Fair enough.

    You shouldn't assume that though, because of lots of people do claim that there is some inherent problem with Islam itself, moreso than other religions. The OP in this thread and JHBowden's response expressed this view, for example.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Similar Threads

  1. is it possible to be a peaceful muslim?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
  2. Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  3. Conservative attacks on health confirmed
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
  4. "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" to be remade...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO