User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    So it is okay for Muslims to bully secular progressives in Sweden -- yes, Sweden!!-- because the United States is helping create a civilized, democratic Iraq.

Great reasoning!
    That isn't what I said. Where did I say it was ok? Show me the quote, please. (Though I like how neo-con types always hypocritically claim to be defending "progressives" from Muslims, but then proceed to despise "progressives" in all other spheres of life.) And no, "Muslims" are not bullying anyone, it is a tiny group of extremists. The whole religion is not to blame.

In any case, I was responding to your claim that Muslims are more violent and bigoted than other peoples, when the facts point to the opposite conclusion. In fact, the US appears to be a much more violent and bigotted society in many ways.

Your claim about a civilized democratic Iraq is so laughable I won't even bother to respond.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    So it is okay for Muslims to bully secular progressives in Sweden -- yes, Sweden!!-- because the United States is helping create a civilized, democratic Iraq.

Great reasoning!

Must try harder.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Link?
    Here's one of many videos showing anti-semitism week:

YouTube - Welcome to UC Irvine

Here's how they treated the ambassador to Israel this year:

Raucous protesters disrupt Israeli ambassador speech at UCI : The Orange County Register

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaJane View Post
    Here's one of many videos showing anti-semitism week:

YouTube - Welcome to UC Irvine

Here's how they treated the ambassador to Israel this year:

Raucous protesters disrupt Israeli ambassador speech at UCI : The Orange County Register
    Ah, I see what you did there. You equated oppsoing Israeli policy with "anti-semitism".

So in fact, you lied, and there is no "Anti-semitism week".

The only anti-semite here is you for offensively equating the murderous state of Israel with all Jews, most of whom are not to blame for its actions, and many of whom oppose it.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    INTj

I think it's important not to associate the actions of these pathetic zealots with Muslims in general. But there should be no tolerance for groups like this who are silencing opinions they don't like. They should have been rounded up and dragged out of there.

MBTI
    NICE

Ah, I see what you did there. You equated oppsoing Israeli policy with "anti-semitism".

It takes a highly developed political mind to spot the difference.

MBTI
    INTj

there is no "Anti-semitism week".
    The only anti-semite here is you for offensively equating the murderous state of Israel with all Jews, most of whom are not to blame for its actions, and many of whom oppose it.
    You call it murder. They call it self defense. But your argument is a red herring. The issue is whether fanatical groups should be tolerated when they silence free speech through violence.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

What are you talking about? I'm not trying to fight with you or personally insult you.

I'm saying that Victor has a point that when Muslims do this sort of thing, they're taking advantage of free speech. They're both abusing it for themselves and trying to squelch it for their opponents.

The week is put on by the Muslim Student Union every year, and it is called many things by themselves and the press, one of them being Anti-Semitism Week. During this week they splatter red paint on Israel's flag, say things like "[Isreal's] days are numbered," and corner Jewish students. So far it's allowed to happen because the University considers it in the realm of free speech. But then when someone from the other side has the microphone, notice how the Muslims do everything they can to silence him. This same choreographed outburst also happened when speaker Daniel Pipes came to the campus.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

You call it murder. They call it self defense.
    They can call it what they want, anyone who knows the facts of the conflict knows that Israel is carrying out delliberate mass murder.

The issue is whether fanatical groups should be tolerated when they silence free speech through violence
    I can answer your question: I defend the right to protest against Israel's actions and I think that the issue is that the institutions like the media and universities are so grossly biased towards particular interests, that those people on the recieving end of these interests are forced to take drastic measures to make their point.

And what is more not only do I "understand", but if I was there I would have been at the protest.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

A common mistake for the less well-informed to make mind you; I often get the impression the aforesaid Israeli state and its supporters have a vested interest in confounding the popular unnderstanding of the term "anti-semitism" with any opposition to their particular form of Zionist extremism. Apparently they hope that the resulting implications of prejudice and guilt by association will silence the criticism.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...