User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I read this a while back: Where Are All the Terrorist Attacks? It seems fairly relevant to the subject at hand.

Schneier's basic contention is simple: if terrorism is so prevalent why aren't there more terrorist atrocities?

If what Victor is saying is correct, they'd be happening at an astonishing rate. After all, it's easy enough to cobble together home-made nail bombs; even going berserk with a knife would be relatively easy and cheap.

But Victor gladly pays his tax dollars (as we all do) to support fantastically expensive security infrastructures to protect us against a handful of amateur terrorist wannabes who happen to call themselves Muslim.

Fantastic analysis, Victor. It's always better if you imbed a few loonies acting up on utube.

Keep up the astounding work!
    I would be very pleased if I were wrong.

MBTI
    NICE

Well, you'll need to supply something a bit more convincing. Take this fellow, David Copeland for example.

With a little skill, and some application, even the most loony tunes Nazi can cause havoc. In this case 13 days' worth of it. Given the Muslim population is 2.4 million in the UK it would be right to ask, if the "Victor Level" of risk is to be believed, why this marginalised, disgruntled band of Jihadis can't muster up even the smallest percentage of their number to strike at the heart of the infadel with something a bit more convincing than this: Glasgow airport bomber left suicide note - Telegraph

There seems to be a common thread with UK Jihadis: they are idiots.

Surely these fearsome terrorists can manage to get killing a few white guys staggering out of the pub right? Because if these fuckwits cannot even manage more than 50 sitting targets on a London Tube (in 10 years), they're not really that scary are they?

What's scary is that idiots like you buy into the Bogeyman industry. And it is an industry.

All the best.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I love the double standards, let alone doublethink, in these discussions!

If a white European oppressor even says truths that make others uncomfortable, then it could be a "hate" crime. BUT-- if the person getting hateful, violent, if not murderous, happens to be a brown Muslim Furriner, then it is always just an extremist, someone mentally disturbed who just wasn't loved enough by society. And don't forget-- meek Christians are always, sigh, "just as bad."

Who really believes this crap? Turn off Jon Stewart and turn on your mind!

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    I love the double standards, let alone doublethink, in these discussions!

If a white European oppressor gets violent, then it is a "hate" crime. BUT-- if the person getting hateful, violent, if not murderous, happens to be a brown Muslim Furriner, then it is a just an extremist, someone mentally disturbed who just wasn't loved enough by society. And don't forget-- meek Christians are always, sigh, "just as bad."

Who really believes this crap?
    Well you could've followed the link, which leads eventually to this:

"Five psychiatrists concluded [Copeland] had been a paranoid schizophrenic for several years. But this was challenged by prosecutors, who were under pressure not to concede to his pleas of guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

"Another consultant psychiatrist concluded that Copeland did have a personality disorder but it was not serious enough for him to avoid a murder charge."

From: David Copeland: a quiet introvert, obsessed with Hitler and bombs | UK news | guardian.co.uk

The example was used to illustrate how easy it was to generate terror, if you have a mind and the will to carry it out.

Try to pay attention.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If a white European oppressor even says truths that make others uncomfortable, then it could be a "hate" crime.
    What truth speaking hate crimes are you talking about?

And getting called an extremist or terrorist is no better than getting called a hate crime perpetrator. As far as negative stigma goes, it's the bottom of the barrel.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I confess, I'm wrong. All modern societies have schizophrenics who chant Allahu Akbar!, strap bombs to their children, advance their religion systematically through intimidation. Oh wait, I'm not wrong.

bananatrombones, it is logically inconsistent to medicalize violence of protected super-special minority groups, while moralizing the violence of everyone else. If I shot up thirteen Muslims in revenge for the Fort Hood attack, everyone would blame it on hate, bigotry, intolerance, prejudice, and the like. But watch the video below. Is this not hate, bigotry, intolerance, and prejudice? If not, what is?

[YOUTUBE="s2IHnWY-i6Y"]Lars Vilks attacked[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I confess, I'm wrong. All modern societies have schizophrenics who chant Allahu Akbar!, strap bombs to their children, advance their religion systematically through intimidation. Oh wait, I'm not wrong.
    All modern societies have violent bigots, yes. Are you seriosuly going to claim yours doesn't?

Difference being, the US is out there occupying other countries, primarily muslim ones, and not the other way round.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

If a white European oppressor even says truths that make others uncomfortable, then it could be a "hate" crime. BUT-- if the person getting hateful, violent, if not murderous, happens to be a brown Muslim Furriner, then it is always just an extremist, someone mentally disturbed who just wasn't loved enough by society. And don't forget-- meek Christians are always, sigh, "just as bad."
    Well put.

I think Victor is on track here, and I'm surprised to read so responses that disregard the message. Here in California, at the University of Irvine, we've had several issues with Muslim students silencing guest speakers on campus (most recently, an ambassador to Israel). They also hold a yearly "Anti-Semitism Week" — and because it's done through the Muslim Student Union, it's publicly funded. Terrible.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaJane View Post
    They also hold a yearly "Anti-Semitism Week" — and because it's done through the Muslim Student Union, it's publicly funded. Terrible.
    Link?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Difference being, the US is out there occupying other countries, primarily muslim ones, and not the other way round.
    So it is okay for Muslims to bully secular progressives in Sweden -- yes, Sweden!!-- because the United States is helping create a civilized, democratic Iraq.

Great reasoning!