User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Hmm... lots of spoiled kids in China thanks to the government's enforcement of the one child rule, each the centre of their own little universes. These violent rampagers appear to be relatively young. I'm wondering if they belong to a generation that's grown up there thinking the world owed them, and have developed a grudge against it when they reach adulthood and finally realise they're no better than anyone else...?
    You mean they've become the same as every other bastard teenager there is?

No, I know the phenomenon you're talking about, wasnt there something similar in Japan, inspired the Battle Royale movies?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Surely the motivated crazy people are in severe minority to the many who don't harm anyone. However, I agree with the assessment that children are easy targets and until recently, schools were not secured or guarded in any way. It's an outrage that has no clear explanation. Perhaps a repressed society would *cause* more acts of desperation?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Surely the motivated crazy people are in severe minority to the many who don't harm anyone. However, I agree with the assessment that children are easy targets and until recently, schools were not secured or guarded in any way. It's an outrage that has no clear explanation. Perhaps a repressed society would *cause* more acts of desperation?
    I dont know that its repression, who knows though, good point that its a minority though.

What about the idea that these people are never really crazy at all and acting against an environment that, due to their own circumstances and what they have come to believe, is ruthlessly and relentlessly against them? Although I agree with Macguffin that killing children doesn't seem to make much sense...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

If they're not crazy then they're just plain evil.
    Is there a logic to evil? Just whatever causes maximum devastation.

Of course there are parallels in the animal kingdom where frustrated males kill young in order to bring females into season.
    But we won't go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Smile

By and large asian cultures tend to be authoritarian and repressed but every now and then the repressed anger bursts forth in mass killings.

In Indonesia, on the surface a country full of friendly people, but they burst forth and killed up to one million people in one burst.

And also Cambodia, full of smiling people, also burst forth and killed vast numbers of their own people.

This may be due to authoritarian child rearing which creates the obedient personality, but one which acts in bad faith.

And the bad faith conceals the anger and hatred, which is projected incoherently onto their neighbours, and leads to an orgy of killing.

We saw this in authoritarian Germany in the 1930s which led to industrial killing on a grand scale.

But as the authoritarian mode of child rearing is replaced by the helping mode of child rearing, where children are helped to reach their goals, we see bad faith replaced by good faith and more and more empathic and creative personalities.

MBTI
    INTj

Misery loves company. These people's actions were calculated to inflict the maximum amount of anguish.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Looks like China needs a war to kill off excess men.
    Maybe if they didn't systematically abort female babies they wouldn't be stuck with the gross disconnect between gender populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the bad faith conceals the anger and hatred, which is projected incoherently onto their neighbours, and leads to an orgy of killing.
    And hatred leads to the dark side!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    ^ P.M loves the Wiki.
    I actually knew that from memory. I am weird like that. Forgot the guy's name, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I can't link to it all, but lately this spring there have been several attacks on schoolchildren and teachers.

The latest is a man that hacked to death 7 kindergartners and a teacher.

Looks like China needs a war to kill off excess men.
    Excess? Is that how you view a country with higher population?

And what's that hacking attack got to do with the country's population? If China had less people, would that mean murderers won't be there?