User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Power

Smile Re-Enchantment

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Whereas is 2 syllables.

Victor's posts aren't alarming. They are kind of reassuring. Remind me of Janet and John.
    But you must notice that I begin and end my posts with the same phrase.

This is to indicate the beginning and end of the trance.

And you notice that the beginning of the trance of the Mass is the Intro, or introductory procession. The Intro is to induct the trance.

And the trance of the Mass ends with the words, "Ita missa est", (the mass is ended). This is to signal the end of the trance and wake up the congregation so they can take what they have learnt out into the world, wide awake.

So first I put you to sleep, then I wake you up.

In the meantime, we commune together in communion.

This is our sacrament that re-enchants the world.

And all we need to do to re-enchant the world is to chant together.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the purpose of poetry or poetic prose is to induce a trance to suspend your disbelief.

And to suspend you disbelief is to engage your imagination.

So first I must fully imagine something so you can imagine it too.
    I KNEW IT. So how can you call yourself a freedom fighter when you're a hypocrite? When you fight fire with fire? Your such a paradox. Why don't you just come down and speak like the rest of the tribe? We're not here to hurt you. From all the way up there on your pedestal, you could equally hurt us.

This whole thing is silly Vic.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I KNEW IT. So how can you call yourself a freedom fighter when you're a hypocrite? When you fight fire with fire? Your such a paradox. Why don't you just come down and speak like the rest of the tribe? We're not here to hurt you. From all the way up there on your pedestal, you could equally hurt us.

This whole thing is silly Vic.
    Good question.

I can both suspend my disbelief and believe.

I know this is hard to believe but if only you would suspend your disbelief, you would believe.

But if not, I will break your legs.

Ginkgo

Good question.

I can both suspend my disbelief and believe.

I know this is hard to believe but if only you would suspend your disbelief, you would believe.

But if not, I will break your legs.
    Sure, but isn't it better to suspend disbelief by being reasonable, rather than using cheap psychological tactics? It's easy to make a 10 year old believe God is E.T., but that's only because he's a 10 year old. You shouldn't have to kick someone down to the mental level of a 10 year old before giving them information. You should speak with them like they're adults, and in doing so you will speak like an adult. Parents coddle us and often subdue us by filling us with imagination, but then reality uproots our brains from the soil of delusion and we're forced to contend with reality. Stop trying to put our brains back in the soil, Vic. You see, the child yammers and says that Santa Clause is real. The adult yammers and says Santa Clause isn't real. The reasonable man simply says "Santa Clause hasn't been proven to exist", because that's the truth of the matter. Aspire to be as truthful as possible.

Smile

Sure, but isn't it better to suspend disbelief by being reasonable, rather than using cheap psychological tactics? It's easy to make a 10 year old believe God is E.T., but that's only because he's a 10 year old. You shouldn't have to kick someone down to the mental level of a 10 year old before giving them information. You should speak with them like their adults, and in doing so you will speak like an adult. Parents coddle us and often subdue us by filling us with imagination, but then reality uproots our brains from the soil of delusion and we're forced to contend with reality. Stop trying to put our brains back in the soil, Vic. You see, the child yammers and says that Santa Clause is real. The adult yammers and says Santa Clause isn't real. The reasonable man simply says "Santa Clause hasn't been proven to exist", because that's the truth of the matter. Aspire to be as truthful as possible.
    The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality.

So a grown-up has both access to imagination and reality.

So a grown-up is able to play Santa Claus for their children and know that Santa hasn't been proven to exist.

In the imagination the critical faculties are temporarily asleep, and whatever we imagine seems real.

There are two tragedies. One is to be trapped in the imagination, and the other is to be trapped in reality.

So for those trapped in the imagination of Scientology, or astrology or MBTI, I try to wake them up.

But for those trapped in reality, I try to re-enchant the world.

Ginkgo

The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality.

So a grown-up has both access to imagination and reality.

So a grown-up is able to play Santa Claus for their children and know that Santa hasn't been proven to exist.

In the imagination the critical faculties are temporarily asleep, and whatever we imagine seems real.

There are two tragedies. One is to be trapped in the imagination, and the other is to be trapped in reality.

So for those trapped in the imagination of Scientology, or astrology or MBTI, I try to wake them up.

But for those trapped in reality, I try to re-enchant the world.

If one is free to cross from reality to imagination and then back again, then how does he act rationally? A person acts upon his worldview like one rises when the sun rises. If one imagines the sun rising, when it is really not, does he still rise? Or does he tell everyone to eat breakfast regardless while slumbering away? Shouldn't it matter what people do, or are you only contrary for the sake of being a contrarian? It's like the movie "Office Space". You may hypnotize a person into not caring whether he has work the next day or not, but he still has work and you know it. What's for his benefit?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Sure, but isn't it better to suspend disbelief by being reasonable, rather than using cheap psychological tactics? It's easy to make a 10 year old believe God is E.T., but that's only because he's a 10 year old. You shouldn't have to kick someone down to the mental level of a 10 year old before giving them information. You should speak with them like they're adults, and in doing so you will speak like an adult. Parents coddle us and often subdue us by filling us with imagination, but then reality uproots our brains from the soil of delusion and we're forced to contend with reality. Stop trying to put our brains back in the soil, Vic. You see, the child yammers and says that Santa Clause is real. The adult yammers and says Santa Clause isn't real. The reasonable man simply says "Santa Clause hasn't been proven to exist", because that's the truth of the matter. Aspire to be as truthful as possible.
    Game. Set. Match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Smile

If one is free to cross from reality to imagination and then back again, then how does he act rationally? A person acts upon his worldview like one rises when the sun rises. If one imagines the sun rising, when it is really not, does he still rise? Or does he tell everyone to eat breakfast regardless while slumbering away? Shouldn't it matter what people do, or are you only contrary for the sake of being a contrarian? It's like the movie "Office Space". You may hypnotize a person into not caring whether he has work the next day or not, but he still has work and you know it. What's for his benefit?
    It's that a grown-up can move between imagination and reality at will.

Reality without imagination is impoverished, and imagination without reality is fanciful.

Bad poetry is fancy, while good poetry is fully imagined.

I do think though you make an important point, as many of us are prisoners of bureaucracy and bureaucracy is ruled by reason.

And the modern world is, as I keep telling you, ruled by the Enlightenment based on evidence and reason.

But look around you and you will find the modern world is alienating.

And it is alienating because it has alienated the imagination.

So it is high time to re-enchant the modern world without losing the values of the Enlightenment.

This is particularly pertinent in my society which is based on the Enlightenment.

So I resigned from the bureaucracy to not only enjoy the imagination but to supply what my society lacks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Game. Set. Match.
    Alternatively one can aspire to be as truthful as possible and as imaginative as possible.

However in the modern world it is a bit like being as American as apple pie but as Canadian as possible under the circumstances.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Alternatively one can aspire to be as truthful as possible and as imaginative as possible.

However in the modern world it is a bit like being as American as apple pie but as Canadian as possible under the circumstances.
    It's impossible to be Canadian, you know that.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge