User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

At any rate I'm amused they still don't know who or what really caused this. It's so conspiratorial...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INFP

Gold had an altime high yesterday....and today again XD. Yippie...fiat currencies are in so much troubleeeee

MBTI
    INTP

The point is you can't call it capitalism when the very essence of an economy--money--is regulated and controlled by a government. Not to mention how government creates evil/unethical business practices in the first place...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Deregulation is a bad word right now, but that will change. When the economy is running well again, the cries for deregulation will be heard once more.

Unfortunately, the smart cops end up working for Wall Street.

Huh? Communism?
    "deregulation" didn't do anything besides expose the massive issues with the economy at an earlier time which allowed market forces to overwhelm is quicker. the government-assisted thieves on Wall Street doing what they do doesn't have any relevance to the idea of "capitalism". I think your problem is associating Wall Street and the United States to "capitalism" when in reality they are anything but...

the Fed built the bubble through a controlled monetary system...the bubble accelerated and popped due to "deregulation". "deregulation" of a mess like the US economy doesn't mean "closer to capitalism".

these are common misconceptions that cause people to dismiss the idea of capitalism before they even look into it. I'm sorry if you are making some other sort of argument, but it seems to me like you may be falling into this trap.

when ideas of capitalism are mixed with violent power, you start to see problems. some people say the capitalism is the problem, but I am more afraid of the violence.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by spacab View Post
    "deregulation" didn't do anything besides expose the massive issues with the economy at an earlier time which allowed market forces to overwhelm is quicker.
    Well, I think some issues can now be considered physiological, thus they can't be legitimately called "issues". There is no economic system on the planet earth which doesn't have (big) issues - given our level of technology, social coordination and intellect, it's really hard for individual agents to take actions with a broad market-perspective in mind (typical example, most firm owners lack macroeconomics knowledge, thus they don't understand how cutting salaries in a fiat-money economy will ultimately damange their revenues).

the Fed built the bubble through a controlled monetary system...the bubble accelerated and popped due to "deregulation". "deregulation" of a mess like the US economy doesn't mean "closer to capitalism".

these are common misconceptions that cause people to dismiss the idea of capitalism before they even look into it. I'm sorry if you are making some other sort of argument, but it seems to me like you may be falling into this trap.

when ideas of capitalism are mixed with violent power, you start to see problems. some people say the capitalism is the problem, but I am more afraid of the violence.
    Right, but then you'd either need a gold-standard-alike monetary system, or extremely strict and coscentious politicians.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

"deregulation" didn't do anything besides expose the massive issues with the economy at an earlier time which allowed market forces to overwhelm is quicker. the government-assisted thieves on Wall Street doing what they do doesn't have any relevance to the idea of "capitalism". I think your problem is associating Wall Street and the United States to "capitalism" when in reality they are anything but...

Yep, you don't understand my position.

The lack of regulation would have caused problems without the Fed holding rates so low. The Fed holding rates so low would have caused problems without the lack of regulation.

I don't like it when people champion capitalism as though it were a religion.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This is nothing I haven't heard before, and before it was unrealistic. Now it is unrealistic. It always be unrealistic.

I am so tired of the government being a scapegoat and a bête noire, especially when it takes the blame off of guilty parties.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Yep, you don't understand my position.

The lack of regulation would have caused problems without the Fed holding rates so low. The Fed holding rates so low would have caused problems without the lack of regulation.

I don't like it when people champion capitalism as though it were a religion.
    Are you just asserting this for the hell of it? Why would it have caused problems? Because the system is a mess?