User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    This is proof that the capitalist society doesn't work, it's downright evil, bad for people, bad for cooperation and last but not least: it's unstable.
    That's why there are crises all over the place all the time.
    Because of greed, mistakes by people playing with way too much money that has got nothing to do in reality with producing anything.
    Buying and selling stock is in itself worth nothing to anyone in terms of production and actual gain.
    It's just part of the game we play, growing as a parasite on the back of the workers who actually contribute to society with products or services.

THE WORLD IS EVIL!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN NOW!!!!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Ha! So all the lunatic marxists really need to do is get someone on the inside who can with a couple of key strokes provoke global panic and the collapse they waited on for so long.
    You'd think a mistaken keystroke would be commonplace.

Are we dealing with marxist terrorists, too?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Ha! So all the lunatic marxists really need to do is get someone on the inside who can with a couple of key strokes provoke global panic and the collapse they waited on for so long.
    Wow. Weird. Recently, I've been pondering various ways in which I could destroy America entirely, and/or cause another war, and/or ruin millions of lives. I came to the conclusion that doing it financially seemed, to me, like the most reasonable approach.

Ruining the stock market through fraud, etc., was a realistic approach and building/joining a giant monopolistic/mega-company and then blowing the turds out of it was the semi/unrealistic approach.

Also, my idea involved a communist invasion. Although, I haven't figured out how to make sure that they would attack.

Maybe this person had ill intent as well? Hmmm?
    Last edited by Arthur Schopenhauer; 05-06-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    THE WORLD IS EVIL!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN NOW!!!!

Funny, eh?
    But why run, when I can fight? It's just a matter of time, and when it comes the opposition is sure to either die or conform.
    It is foolish to believe that what we have is stable enough to contradict history.
    Everything is a cycle that will repeat itself again and again until we try the hard way:
    unopposed communism that slowly changes the human race to become less greedy and more cooperative in nature.
    Succumbing to our base instincts (= capitalist society), is pretty easy in the short term, but bad for us collectively in the long run.

But, then again, I hear conservatives quite like to believe they can stay right here forever and have everything the way it's always been...
    Tell you what, if that was true, you wouldn't have your blasted Wall Street making life ugly for people all over this rock.
    You'd be living in caves, or even trees with the rest of the monkeys.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

This is proof that the capitalist society doesn't work, it's downright evil, bad for people, bad for cooperation and last but not least: it's unstable.
    That's why there are crises all over the place all the time.
    Because of greed, mistakes by people playing with way too much money that has got nothing to do in reality with producing anything.
    Buying and selling stock is in itself worth nothing to anyone in terms of production and actual gain.
    It's just part of the game we play, growing as a parasite on the back of the workers who actually contribute to society with products or services.
    It's not evil. It's amoral.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's not evil. It's amoral.
    Leaving space for evil is just as evil as doing nothing when a woman is assaulted and raped in broad daylight.
    It's just my opinion, though. We must not tolerate it, and always work against it to the extent of our ability.
    Dump short-term gain for long term.

Wall Street is just a symptom. I admit, though, that it is a symptom causing even further big trouble.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Funny, eh?
    Yes, your post was.

Tell you what, if that was true, you wouldn't have your blasted Wall Street making life ugly for people all over this rock.
    Greed is good.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Stuff like this is actually necessary. When someone fucks up that badly, A) they get fired; and B) they can change the system to combat issues. In a global system when someone can make a $1 billion in less than a week shorting the pound (as George Soros did), you can lose a bundle just as quickly and easily.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Gold went up, don't think this was just a 'whoopsy'
    That was an interesting "anomolie" sp?