User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Times Square

MBTI
    ENFJ

Has anybody noticed that the only thing stopping these guys trained in Pakistan is their own incompetence? I mean, seriously?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Ressentiment

Our biggest danger is those who hate themselves and hate their own society.

This is called, ressentiment.

"Ressentiment", is also the name of Max Scheler's (1874-1928) book published in 1913.

This is a remarkably fertile idea adopted by many of the great philosophers.

My copy of, "Ressentiment", has a picture on the cover of Germans in the bus in the 1930s. And there is ressentiment written all over their faces.

Unfortunately our lethal enemies will use our ressentiment against us, as we see so clearly here today.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    Fair enough, but do you acknowledge there is a moral difference between targeting combatants, political leaders, and.or industry/infrastructure (even if civilians are killed as collateral damage), and targeting civilians with the goal of killing as many non-combatants as possible?

Keep in mind you are speaking to a critic of American imperialism.
    What I acknowledge is that such activity is incredibly profitable for a certain circle of influence. I am also aware there is an incredible disconnect between the concept of "targeting" and the actual effectiveness of the weapons systems in accomplishing the stated goals. These are not precision strikes, and over 95 percent of the body count is always "collateral damage."

The question becomes is it "moral" to continue to maintain the illusion?

I think both parties are reprehensible. Essentially, Darwin Awards waiting to happen.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

"Ressentiment", is also the name of Max Scheler's (1874-1928) book published in 1913.

My copy of, "Ressentiment", has a picture on the cover of Germans in the bus in the 1930s. And there is ressentiment written all over their faces.

Unfortunately our lethal enemies will use our ressentiment against us, as we see so clearly here today.
    You'd make the perfect citizen for a totalitarian society. Granted all the G8 nations are racing to win that race. Australia, the UK, the US, etc. have over the last decade succeeded in turning themselves into complete and utter anti-democratic shit holes.

Due to the passive cheerleading of non-thinking idiots like you.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    What I acknowledge is that such activity is incredibly profitable for a certain circle of influence. I am also aware there is an incredible disconnect between the concept of "targeting" and the actual effectiveness of the weapons systems in accomplishing the stated goals. These are not precision strikes, and over 95 percent of the body count is always "collateral damage."

The question becomes is it "moral" to continue to maintain the illusion?

I think both parties are reprehensible. Essentially, Darwin Awards waiting to happen.
    1. That didn't even attempt to answer the question I posed.

2. Please demonstrate that "over 95 percent of the body count is always collateral damage". I suspect you pulled that figure straight outta yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

What the fuck are you talking about? You sound like a neocon culture warrior on an acid trip.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Has anybody noticed that the only thing stopping these guys trained in Pakistan is their own incompetence? I mean, seriously?
    Yep.

It makes you wonder how many cells blew themselves up practicing for 9/11.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

[QUOTE=Just Some Guy;1151197]1. That didn't even attempt to answer the question I posed.

2. Please demonstrate that "over 95 percent of the body count is always collateral damage". I suspect you pulled that figure straight outta yer ass.

[QUOTE]

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc...c=GetTRDoc.pdf

Here's a 125 Page document written by the US Air Force as a study for Military education. Specifically on the topic of collateral damage. How problematic and often negligent the US Military is in it's prevention.

Your question proposed an apples to oranges comparison, when an apples to apples consideration is both more accurate and appropriate.

MBTI
    IsTP

Hey Vic you do realize this guy was only a naturalized citizen for about a year right? You keep talking about him turning against his people, seriously...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"