User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Allowing illegal aliens to continue calling themselves "immigrants", will eventually turn Arizona into Mexico. It'll turn into a complete and utter shit hole.

The point of allowing foreigners to immigrate to the US legally. Is to provide a transition period where they adopt our language, culture and customs.

It also allows for school systems to budget and plan.

If it were up to me I'd land mine the border at the depth and width of one square mile.
    I wouldn't even bother with a border patrol. If someone made it across, there'd be a green card sitting on a fence post waiting for them on the other side.

MBTI
    INTJ

If we *actually* secured the border, there would be no reason for these draconian measures.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    If we *actually* secured the border, there would be no reason for these draconian measures.
    Good luck with that.

And there really isn't a need for these draconian measures even now.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ

Here's my take on Mexicans.
    1. Whether they are hard working on not has to do with the individual more than the the country.
    2. Most Mexicans are very family oriented. This is not necessarily an altruistic bent but rather a way of life. Networks and relationship are extremely important and doing "favours" for one another is a way of developing networks and relationships.
    3. Many Mexicans have the ambition for a better life for them and their family. Whatever the goal is (could be to work in the US, to open a changarro or to make it big as a lawyer, etc.) they are extremely resourceful and use their networks to their advantage (hence a lot of the corruption).

Calderon is probably thinking of how to solve many of his country's problems by giving his citizens opportunities to better themselves.

I would add that Americans and Canadians should be paying a lot more attention to the third partner in NAFTA. It is one of the emerging nations (along with Russia, China, Brazil, Argentina and South Africa) and we can only benefit from making policies that will actually help our partner.

Mexico is a warzone, carved up by the drug cartels.

Yes. And a lot of people are afraid and are looking for a way out. I have received many requests for help to get them out but unfortunately, I personally have no power and would feel uncomfortable breaking the law even if I did.

BTW. I think the war zone is due to a reorganisation of distribution that will probably lead to a more efficient system. I think once the war is over, things will be smoothe and we will get our drugs. Nevertheless, I wonder if the existence of the war zone is due to offer or demand

MBTI
    INTj

From a purely economic perspective, the immigrants to the US results in a net resource gain for Mexico. It's a form of colonization. The Mexican PM is simply acting out of self interest.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    From a purely economic perspective, the immigrants to the US results in a net resource gain for Mexico. It's a form of colonization. The Mexican PM is simply acting out of self interest.
    So you think Arizona will become a second Texas?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    So you think Arizona will become a second Texas?
    I thought it already is. Isn't that why all the cultural tension exist?

MBTI
    INTJ

Prior to the Mexican-American War:

And today:

MBTI
    INTP

Prior to the Mexican-American War:

And today:
    The territories that Mexico lost in that war were filled with American immigrants. The Mexican government opened their borders for Americans because they saw easy labor. A few years later their country gets halved.

It could be said that Mexico may want to reverse the effects of that war. I wouldn't be surprised, but I also won't claim that.

Either way, Illegal Immigration is an unholy deal for both countries involved...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I can't see anything alarming about those maps. Of course there are more Mexicans in the places that use to belong to Mexico.
    Go to sleep, iguana.