User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and what will they include as information on the ID cards? where you're from? criminal history? credit history? this new age of having to know everything about everyone kind of defeats the idea of second chances in a way
    What will they include?

Name
    Date of Birth
    Legal Status
    Healthcare Status
    Criminal History
    Medical History
    Work History

All of this information will be obtainable by a single swipe past a government-provided scanner. Every time you visit a government agency, a hospital, a public university/school, or apply for a job, it will be scanned.

This is the only effective way to run our nationalized systems (healthcare, education, welfare, government employment).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that doesn't really make me feel all that comfortable
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

As a libertarian, I find it horrifying, but this is where we have collectively voted ourselves.

You cannot give government virtually unlimited powers, and expect them to have restraint.

---

On the bright side, it will improve the efficiency of said programs (healthcare, education, employment, welfare)...you will just have no privacy whatsoever.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    As a libertarian, I find it horrifying, but this is where we have collectively voted ourselves.

You cannot give government virtually unlimited powers, and expect them to have restraint.
    well- fuck having an even playing field and opportunities then

If my psych history is made accessable I'm NEVER getting hired
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

---

On the bright side, it will improve the efficiency of said programs (healthcare, education, employment, welfare)...you will just have no privacy whatsoever.
    It's better not to present conspiracy theories as god's-own fact.

The fact is that many people benefit through the holes in our system. A national ID system would just start too much trouble to be worth it.

MBTI
    INxJ

I don't like this measure either, but now you're projecting racism, with a touch of paranoia to boot. They're not going to be deporting atheists anytime soon...

---

You can bet we'll all be carrying National ID Cards, though.
    I don't have to project it. It already exists. FBI investigated AZ last year for extreme racial profiling by law enforcement. They have been doing what's in this new law for years.

The state board of education now wants to get rid of all "ethnic" classes. I think it's safe to say it's not just about mexicans.

MBTI
    INTP

The OP asked about the rationale the Mexican President is using in supporting Illegal Immigration.

My answer is that illegal immigration is being used as a steam valve on political pressure. The Mexican government is one of the most corrupt and oppressive institutions in the world, and Mexico has the highest gap between the rich and poor in the world. If the border closed there would be a revolution down there, which certainly is not in the interest of the President and Mexican elites.

Besides, those illegal immigrants often send money back down to Mexico, so Mexico profits more from them being up here than down there.

And there's also the PR in opposing an upopular bill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Mexico has the highest gap between the rich and poor in the world.
    Where did you get that figure?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

The OP asked about the rationale the Mexican President is using in supporting Illegal Immigration.

My answer is that illegal immigration is being used as a steam valve on political pressure. The Mexican government is one of the most corrupt and oppressive institutions in the world, and Mexico has the highest gap between the rich and poor in the world. If the border closed there would be a revolution down there, which certainly is not in the interest of the President and Mexican elites.

Besides, those illegal immigrants often send money back down to Mexico, so Mexico profits more from them being up here than down there.

And there's also the PR in opposing an upopular bill...

Does that mean that closing of the border would be a killing of two birds with one shot ?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Does that mean that closing of the border would be a killing of two birds with one shot ?
    RACIST!